Sidney in Shelby County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
First Brick House
Erected by Shelby County Historical Society.
Location. 40° 15.462′ N, 84° 14.894′ W. Marker is in Sidney, Ohio, in Shelby County. Marker is on Houston Road near Hardin Wapakoneta Road, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. 1000 feet west of Hardin Wapakoneta Road on Houston Road, south side of road. Marker is in this post office area: Sidney OH 45365, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Brookside Cemetery (approx. 1½ miles away); Hardin (approx. 2 miles away); a different marker also named Hardin (approx. 2 miles away); General Harmar Military Trail (approx. 2.2 miles away); Lockington Dam (approx. 3 miles away); Lockington Locks (approx. 3½ miles away); Sidney Fire Bell (approx. 5.1 miles away); Schultz's Battery (approx. 5.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Sidney.
Regarding First Brick House. The house still stands, and is down the drive on the farm. Private property. House looks in good shape but is unoccupied.
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 28, 2018. This page originally submitted on October 17, 2016, by Michael Baker of Lima, Ohio. This page has been viewed 165 times since then and 40 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on October 17, 2016, by Michael Baker of Lima, Ohio. 3, 4. submitted on June 26, 2018, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.