Lemoyne in Cumberland County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Harrisburg - 3
Formerly named Bridgeport
Erected by Pennsylvania Department of Highways.
Location. 40° 14.474′ N, 76° 54.567′ W. Marker is in Lemoyne, Pennsylvania, in Cumberland County. Marker is on Market Street west of South 15th Street, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1300 Market Street, Lemoyne PA 17043, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Camp Hill (within shouting distance of this marker); Robert Whitehill (1735 - 1813) (approx. 0.4 miles away); Fort Couch (approx. 0.4 miles away); Fort Couch - General Couch - Fort Washington (approx. 0.4 miles away); a different marker also named Fort Couch (approx. half a mile away); Camp Hill Church of God (approx. 0.6 miles away); The Skirmish of Oyster’s Point (approx. 0.8 miles away); White Hall School (approx. 0.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lemoyne.
Also see . . . History - Borough of Lemoyne. Before Lemoyne was incorporated in 1905, the area was first named as Bridgeport in 1835 and later Riverton in 1888. When the population (Submitted on October 20, 2016.)
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on October 20, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 20, 2016, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 217 times since then and 26 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on October 20, 2016, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California.