Tucker in DeKalb County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Garrard's & Lightburn's to Stone Mountain
Pursuant to plan, Logan’s 15th A.C. was posted at Browning’s Courthouse (Tucker) as support to Garrard’s cav. in its move on the R.R. between Stone Mountain and Decatur.
Lightburn’s brigade, of Logan’s corps, moved on this road with Garrard’s cav., July 18, 1864, to Stone Mountain – their progress resisted & impeded by Wheeler’s Cavalry (CS) all the way.
Erected 1984 by Georgia Historic Marker. (Marker Number 044-15.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 33° 50.982′ N, 84° 13.087′ W. Marker is in Tucker, Georgia, in DeKalb County. Marker is at the intersection of Fellowship Road (State Road 8) and Lawrenceville Highway (U.S. 29), on the right when traveling north on Fellowship Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Tucker GA 30084, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Browning's Courthouse (approx. 0.3 miles away); Logan’s Corps Moves to Henderson’s Mill Site: Henderson’s Mill (approx. 2.1 miles away); Logan’s 15th Corps & Garrard’s Cavalry (approx. 2.2 miles away); The March to Decatur (approx. 2.3 miles away); Logan's 15th & Blair's 17th A.C. to Decatur (approx. 2.3 miles away); Federal Left Wing to Decatur (approx. 2.7 miles away); Dodge's & Blair's Columns Separate (approx. 3.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Tucker.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 4, 2008, by Felch Dumas of Decatur, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,235 times since then and 32 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 4, 2008, by Felch Dumas of Decatur, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.