Tucker in DeKalb County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Lightburn’s (2d) brigade, Smith’s (2d) div., together with Maj. Hotaling’s contingent of Logan’s escort was sent from here to assist Garrard’s horsemen in destroying the railroad at & near Stone Mountain depot. Logan withdrew to Henderson’s Mill to camp that night.
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 044-14.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 33° 51.278′ N, 84° 13.019′ W. Marker is in Tucker, Georgia, in DeKalb County. Marker is on LaVista Road (State Road 8) 0.1 miles east of Fellowship Road, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Tucker GA 30084, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Garrard's & Lightburn's to Stone Mountain (approx. 0.3 miles Logan’s Corps Moves to Henderson’s Mill (approx. 0.7 miles away); Logan’s 15th Corps & Garrard’s Cavalry (approx. 1.8 miles away); Site: Henderson’s Mill (approx. 2.1 miles away); The March to Decatur (approx. 2.3 miles away); Logan's 15th & Blair's 17th A.C. to Decatur (approx. 2.4 miles away); Federal Left Wing to Decatur (approx. 3 miles away); Dodge's & Blair's Columns Separate (approx. 3.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Tucker.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 4, 2008, by Felch Dumas of Decatur, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,064 times since then and 79 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 4, 2008, by Felch Dumas of Decatur, Georgia. 3, 4. submitted on April 21, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.