Near Macon in Monroe County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1955 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 102-3.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 32° 51.906′ N, 83° 52.921′ W. Marker is near Macon, Georgia, in Monroe County. Marker is on Thomaston Road (Georgia Route 74) ¼ mile west of Lower Thomaston Road, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is one mile west of the Bibb County line on GA Highway 74. Marker is in this post office area: Forsyth GA 31029, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 12 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. William Bartram Trail (approx. 7.4 miles away); Colonial Trading Path (approx. 9.4 miles away); a different marker also named William Bartram Trail (approx. 9.4 miles away); State Teachers and Agricultural College/Hubbard Training School (approx. 11.8 miles away); Crawford County (approx. 11.8 miles away); Joanna Troutman (approx. 11.8 miles away); Alexis de Tocqueville (approx. 11.8 miles away); Federal Wire Road (approx. 11.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Macon.
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Education •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 4, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,326 times since then and 34 times this year. Photo 1. submitted on August 4, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Christopher Busta-Peck was the editor who published this page.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. A wide shot of the marker and its surroundings. • Can you help?