Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Guerneville in Sonoma County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
 

Bank of Guerneville

 
 
Bank of Guerneville Marker image. Click for full size.
By Alvis Hendley, August 30, 2016
1. Bank of Guerneville Marker
Inscription. This beautiful Beaux Arts Building was designed by Carl Ingomar Warnecke of the architectural firm Miller and Warnecke in 1921. The Bay Area firm designed residential work, apartment buildings, schools, commercial and civic structures.

Mr. Warnecke won a design competition which allowed him to attend the École des Beaux Arts in Paris. This building reflects that influence with its symmetry, graceful arched windows and pedimented doors of the main entrance. The building was restored in 2015 by Robert Anderson Pullum.
 
Erected 2015 by Russian River Historical Society.
 
Location. 38° 30.131′ N, 122° 59.916′ W. Marker is in Guerneville, California, in Sonoma County. Marker is at the intersection of River Road and Church Street, on the right when traveling west on River Road. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 16290 River Road, Guerneville CA 95446, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Guerneville Historical Marker (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Korbel Station (approx. 1.9 miles away); Pioneers of Preservation (approx. 2˝ miles away); The Moscow Barn
Bank of Guerneville image. Click for full size.
By Alvis Hendley, August 30, 2016
2. Bank of Guerneville
(approx. 3.9 miles away); First Time Poetry Left At Stage Holdup (approx. 4˝ miles away); Duncans Mills Depot Museum (approx. 4.6 miles away); First Power Commercial Sawmill (approx. 5.6 miles away); The Wohler Ranch -- 1856 (approx. 6.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Guerneville.
 
More about this marker. The marker is mounted on the Church Street side of the building.
 
Categories. Architecture
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on November 20, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 12, 2016, by Alvis Hendley of San Francisco, California. This page has been viewed 130 times since then and 52 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on November 12, 2016, by Alvis Hendley of San Francisco, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement