Morganton in Burke County, North Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Our Confederate Soldiers
(names not transcribed)
Erected 1911 by Burke County Sons of Confederate Veterans.
Location. 35° 44.734′ N, 81° 41.266′ W. Marker is in Morganton, North Carolina, in Burke County. Marker is at the intersection of Union Street and Sterling Street on Union Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Morganton NC 28655, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Burke Courthouse (here, next to this marker); Morganton (here, next to this marker); Sam J. Ervin, Jr. (within shouting distance of this marker); Tod R. Caldwell (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); N.C. School for the Deaf (approx. 1.1 miles away); Boughton Hospital (was approx. 1.3 miles away but has been reported missing. ); Waightstill Avery (approx. 1.7 miles away); Fort San Juan (approx. 1.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Morganton.
Also see . . . UNC resources page - with links to many additional references.
A monument to Burke County’s Confederate Army troops was erected on the northwest corner of the Square in 1911 and was (Submitted on November 14, 2016, by Michael C. Wilcox of Winston-Salem, North Carolina.)
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on November 19, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 14, 2016, by Michael C. Wilcox of Winston-Salem, North Carolina. This page has been viewed 218 times since then and 12 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. submitted on November 14, 2016, by Michael C. Wilcox of Winston-Salem, North Carolina.