Founding of New Richmond
Thomas Ashburn (1769 – 1826) bought 875 acres from
William Lytle next to New Richmond. He designed
the elaborate town of Susanna, named after his
wife, with streets radiating from the river and
a public promenade on the river. In 1828 the
two towns were incorporated by the Ohio General
Assembly as New Richmond. Union Street is the
meeting of the two original towns.
Erected 2003 by Clermont County Bicentennial Commission.
Location. 38° 56.994′ N, 84° 16.972′ W. Marker is in New Richmond, Ohio, in Clermont County. Marker is at the intersection of Front Street and Union Street, on the left when traveling east on Front Street. Touch for map. The marker is at the point where the two original towns converge, street names change at this point. Marker is at or near this postal address: 104 Susanna Way, New Richmond OH 45157, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. New Richmond (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Underground Railroad Site (about 400 feet
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on November 19, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 18, 2016, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. This page has been viewed 133 times since then and 15 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on November 18, 2016, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.