Socastee in Horry County, South Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Socastee Methodist Church
The second sanctuary, a frame building featuring a large portico and square columns, was built in 1875 by W.T. Goldfinch of Conway. Sunday school rooms were added in 1833 and the church was extensively remodeled and enlarged in the 1850s, with work completed in 1957. The present sanctuary was built in 1987.
Erected 2004 by Horry County. (Marker Number 26-14.)
Location. 33° 41.009′ N, 79° 0.098′ W. Marker is in Socastee, South Carolina, in Horry County. Marker is at the intersection of Dick Pond Road (former Highway 544) and Socastee Boulevard (State Highway 707), on the right when traveling east on Dick Pond Road (former Highway 544). Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Myrtle Beach SC 29575, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Intra-Coastal Waterway (approx. 0.4 miles away); Socastee The Sarvis House (approx. half a mile away); Major General Gilbert L. Meyers (approx. 3.6 miles away); Lieutenant William Glover Farrow (approx. 3.7 miles away); The Cold War Era 1956 - 1958 (approx. 3.7 miles away); Joe W. Blizzard (approx. 3.7 miles away); Cold War - Dominican Republic (approx. 3.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Socastee.
Also see . . . Socastee Methodist Church Photo. Photo of second sanctuary, before the expansion. (Submitted on February 8, 2007, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio.)
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 8, 2007, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio. This page has been viewed 1,570 times since then. Last updated on August 5, 2008, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on February 8, 2007, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.