Neville in Clermont County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Neville – 1812
—Bicentennial Marker —
Neville – 1812
The town is situated in the first survey, No, 388, made in the Virginia Military District of Ohio. Nov. 13, 1787, John Obannon surveyed a tract of 1,400 acres for Col. John Neville, who served seven years with Gen. Washington. He died in 1803. His son Presley inherited the land and received a patent for it from Pres. Madison. Presley laid out the town of Neville in 1812.It was incorporated in 1854.
Location. 38° 48.558′ N, 84° 12.63′ W. Marker is in Neville, Ohio, in Clermont County. Marker is at the intersection of Ohio River Scenic Byway (U.S. 52) and Coffee Street, on the left when traveling east on Ohio River Scenic Byway. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 608 Main Street, Neville OH 45156, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Neville Veterans Memorial (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Edgington Mound (approx. 1.1 miles away); Ulysses Simpson Grant (approx. 6 miles away); Grant Memorial Bridge (approx. 6 miles away); a different marker also named Ulysses Simpson Grant U.S. Grant Historic District (approx. 6 miles away); Grant Birthplace (approx. 6 miles away); U. S. Grant Birthplace (approx. 6 miles away).
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on November 25, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 22, 2016, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. This page has been viewed 112 times since then and 37 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on November 22, 2016, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.