Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

Brome-Missisquoi MRC Quebec Historical Markers

 
First Women's Institute Marker image, Touch for more information
By Kevin Craft, June 26, 2014
First Women's Institute Marker
Quebec (Brome-Missisquoi MRC), Dunham — First Women's Institute
To commemorate the founding at Dunham, January 27th, 1911, of the first women's institute in the province of Quebec. French text Pour commémorer la foundation à Dunham le 27 janvier 1911, du premier "Women's Institute" dans la . . . — Map (db m75159) HM
Quebec (Brome-Missisquoi MRC), Frelighsburg — Battle of Eccles Hill
The Canadian volunteers and home guards here repulsed the Fenian invaders on the 25th May 1870. — Map (db m74541) HM
Quebec (Brome-Missisquoi MRC), Knowlton — The Old Academy
French text La "Old Academy", bâtie en 1854 (St. Paul's Church High School), agrandie en 1867, et cede à la Société d'Histoire de Brome comme musée, pour honorer la mémoire de Paul-H. Knowlton, qui avait donné le terrain et le premier corps de . . . — Map (db m75161) HM
Quebec (Brome-Missisquoi MRC), Knowlton — Tibbits Hill School
Old south schoolhouse Tibbits Hill built 1844-1846 on site of squared log one erected 1827. Set up as a school museum with aid of Association of Protestant Teachers in their centennial year 1964. — Map (db m74542) HM
Quebec (Brome-Missisquoi MRC), Saint-Ignace-de-Stanbridge (Mystic) — Grange Alexander-Solomon-Walbridge
Construite en 1882 par l'entrepreneur Alexander Solomon Walbridge, cette grange-étable est formée de douze murs pignons disposés autour d'un espace central. Le bâtiment comporte deux niveaux: un premier qui servait d'étable et un second, divisé en . . . — Map (db m77846) HM
Quebec (Brome-Missisquoi MRC), Stanbridge East — In honour of Capt. Caleb Tree
In honour of Capt. Caleb Tree who came to Canada in 1796 from New- Hampshire, settled on this farm and along with other pioneers founded Stanbridge East in 1801. En l'honneur des pionniers de Stanbridge Est. Erected in 1966 — Map (db m74536) HM

6 markers matched your search criteria.
Paid Advertisement We are suspending Amazon.com advertising until they remove an ad for a certain book from circulation. A word in the book’s title has given rise to number of complaints. The word is inappropriate in school classroom settings.