|► Ireland, Munster (County Limerick), Abbeyfeale — Reverend William Casey —|
|His grateful fellow countrymen at home and beyond the seas have erected this monument to the memory of Rev. William Casey, for a quarter of a century prior to his death, the parish priest of this parish. He found his people struggling in the . . . — — Map (db m24739) HM|
|► Ireland, Munster (County Limerick), Abbeyfeale — Thatched Chapel Cross —|
|Cross from thatched chapel where many generations of Abbeyfeale people worshipped until St. Mary's Church was built in 1846 — — Map (db m24738) HM|
|► Ireland, Munster (County Limerick), Adare — Augustinian Friary / Mainistir na nAgaistíneach —|
The Augustinian Friary, known as the Black Abbey, was founded in 1316 by the Earl of Kildare. It is now the Church of Ireland (Anglican) parish church and school.
The Augustinian friars first came to Dublin from England in about 1260. They . . . — — Map (db m143072) HM
|► Ireland, Munster (County Limerick), Adare — Countess Dunraven Fountain —|
In grateful memory of the zeal shewn by the people of this village in quenching a fire at the offices of Adare Manor on the 18 April 1844 This supply of water was brought and fountain erected by Caroline Countess of Dunraven Lord . . . — — Map (db m142967) HM
|► Ireland, Munster (County Limerick), Adare — Estate and Houses of Adare / Eastát agus Tithe Áth Dara —|
The old town of Adare, which stood on the northern bank of the river Maigue near the castle, was destroyed during 16th century wars. Almost all of the present town was built in the 19th century.
In 1683 Thady Quin, a local landowner, leased . . . — — Map (db m142919) HM
|► Ireland, Munster (County Limerick), Adare — History of Adare Methodist Church —|
1756-1778 John Wesley, Founder of the Methodist Church visited this area on ten occasions during these years. A strong local tradition affirms that he preached under an ash tree near the ruin of the Franciscan Abbey on at least one of . . . — — Map (db m142812) HM
|► Ireland, Munster (County Limerick), Adare — Richard, First Earl of Dunraven —|
|. . . — — Map (db m143081) HM|
|► Ireland, Munster (County Limerick), Adare — Trinitarian Monastery / Mainistir Ord na Tríonóide —|
Founded in 1230, this is the only monastery of the Trinitarian order known in Ireland. It is now Holy Trinity Abbey, Adare's Roman Catholic church.
The Trinitarian order - or the Order of the Redemption of Captives - was founded in France . . . — — Map (db m142969) HM
|► Ireland, Munster (County Limerick), Adare — Washing Pool / Linn Níocháin —|
This small pool, formed by a tributary of the river Maigue, was the traditional place for the women of Adare to wash their family clothes. It was also used as a watering place for animals.
[Illustration captions, counterclockwise from top . . . — — Map (db m142922) HM
|► Ireland, Munster (County Limerick), Newcastle West — War Memorial — Roll of Honour / Liosta na laoch —|
CAPT. DONAL SHEEHAN, Monagae, drowned at Ballykissane Pier, when going to meet the German gunship the "Aud" 20/4/1916
CAPT. CON COLBERT, Castlemahon, fought in the GPO during Easter week, executed by firing squad 7/5/1916
LT. . . . — — Map (db m143114) HM
10 markers matched your search criteria.