1856 • Court Square
Dedicated to Freeborn County by Ruble family
1886 • Richardson Romanesque Courthouse
Designed by architect C.A. Dunham of Burlington, IA
1888 • Courthouse construction completed
Alex McNeil Contractor . . . — — Map (db m127217) HM
Firemen's Hall and Masonic Lodge
147 North Broadway
Built in 1909-1910, the upper floor houses the Masonic Lodge. The rest of the building served at one time as the “Idle Hour Theatre” and was later used by various area youth . . . — — Map (db m127214) HM
Minnesota's Roads. "A perfect highway is a thing of beauty and joy forever," enthused a speaker at Minnesota's first "Good Roads" convention in 1893. "It blesses every home by which it passes."
Early in the 1890s, even before the automobile . . . — — Map (db m9911) HM
Erected by citizens of Freeborn County, Minn.
in memory of Union Soldiers and Sailors
of the War of 1861-65
Robert Frost No. 5. G.A.R. of Albert Lea, Minn.
Memorial Day May 30, 1914 — — Map (db m127215) WM