Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

Lennox and Addington County Ontario Historical Markers

 
Early Latter-day Saints in Upper Canada Marker image, Touch for more information
By Barry Swackhamer, August 8, 2014
Early Latter-day Saints in Upper Canada Marker
Ontario (Lennox and Addington County), Bath — Early Latter-day Saints in Upper Canada
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was organized in 1830 in Fayette, New York. Its unique message was that the original gospel of Jesus Christ had been restored through a modern prophet, Joseph Smith. The Church became known as the . . . — Map (db m83646) HM
Ontario (Lennox and Addington County), Bath — The First Steamship on Lake OntarioLe Premier Vapeur du Lac Ontario
English: In the early 1800's Kingston was a shipbuilding centre of note. The FRONTENAC, the first steamship to navigate Lake Ontario, was built here at Finkle's Point, Ernestown (now Bath), and launched September 7, 1816. Designed to carry . . . — Map (db m83645) HM
Ontario (Lennox and Addington County), Greater Napanee — Bay of Quinte Loyalist SettlementL’Etablissement des Loyalistes dans la Baie d Quinte
English: This region was among the first in present day Ontario to receive loyalist settlers following the American Revolution. Surveying began in 1783, and by the following year five townships had been laid out between the Cataraqui River . . . — Map (db m83649) HM
Ontario (Lennox and Addington County), Greater Napanee — Escape of the Royal George 1812
Opposite here is the gap between Amherst Island and the eastern tip of Prince Edward County. On November 9, 1812, the British Corvette "Royal George" (22 guns), commanded by Commodore Hugh Earl(e), was intercepted off False Duck Islands by an . . . — Map (db m83643) HM
Ontario (Lennox and Addington County), Greater Napanee — The Royal Union Flag1707-1801
Originally designed in 1606, this flag was officially adopted in 1707 by England and Scotland as their royal standard at the time of the union of the thrones and parliaments of both countries. It consists of the blue background and white diagonal . . . — Map (db m83647) HM

5 markers matched your search criteria.  
 
Paid Advertisement