Established in 1878, this burial ground served the former community of Armour. The cemetery is located on property deeded by community founder, James Armour (d. 1896). For school, church and burial purposes. James Armour was born in 1825 in Jackson . . . — — Map (db m92125) HM
In 1854, Ten Labors of Land (1770 acres) were surveyed in Limestone County for Jonathan Scott. In 1872, Henry Martin Munger moved his family from Rutersville (Fayette Co.) to Mexia. There he opened a lumberyard, planing mill, flour mill, grist mill . . . — — Map (db m92941) HM
A pioneer church, organized in the Armour community, about two miles to the west, on April 10, 1873, when this area was still thinly-settled. Charter members were John and Caroline Askew, A. J. Moore, Leona Waddell, and George Walker. The original . . . — — Map (db m92137) HM
Located at one of highest points (altitude 661 ft.) between Dallas and Houston. First noted in history by Philip Nolan's trading expedition, 1797. Home in early days of Tehuacana Indians, a Wichita tribe, who engaged in farming and peaceful pursuits . . . — — Map (db m92257) HM
This historic graveyard reflects the heritage of Tehuacana, an early Texas town founded in the 1840s by John Boyd (1796-1873). Elected from Sabine County to the First and Second Congresses of the Republic of Texas, Boyd moved to this part of the . . . — — Map (db m91810) HM
Born in Castletown, Marshfield Parish, England, of Welsh parents. In youth spent several years as an apprentice stonemason in Liverpool, England. Came to America in 1870, and to Tehuacana in 1872.
A year later he was given the contract for the . . . — — Map (db m92256) HM