“And the Word became flesh”
Historians tell that the Grotto and its surroundings, being the site of the Annunciation were turned into a worship place in the 1st and 2nd Century.
-Early sources referred to the place as being . . . — — Map (db m44298) HM
[Text in Hebrew …]
[Text in Arabic…]
This church was built in 1914 on the site of an earlier 12th century church.
-The caves, granaries and wells in the lower level were used by the early dwellers of Nazareth. Later, . . . — — Map (db m44353) HM