James A. Harris moved to this area in the 1820’s and established a sawmill and mule barn near the present corner of Vine and Church streets.
Harris, John Cain, John Pankey and James Yandall donated land for the town site, platted in 1853. The area . . . — — Map (db m119593) HM
This Clock was preserved by the Saline County Historical Society and donated to Harrisburg Operation Pride for the people of Saline County. The clock and the bell was manufactured by the Howard Clock Company of Boston, Mass. and was in use from 1904 . . . — — Map (db m119595) HM