Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

Sharp County Arkansas Historical Markers

 
Sharp County, AR Court House No. 1 Marker image, Touch for more information
By Judy King, September 4, 2012
Sharp County, AR Court House No. 1 Marker
Arkansas (Sharp County), Evening Shade — F-11 — Sharp County Court House
The first court house in Sharp County was erected at Evening Shade in 1868. About 1890 another court house was built at Hardy, in the Northern end of the county, and since then the county has maintained two seats of justice. — Map (db m59179) HM
Arkansas (Sharp County), Hardy — Battles of Martin Creek and Morgan's Mill
Near this place, on February 8, 1864, Union and Confederate forces engaged in a 12 mile running battle that ranged from the old Morgan's Mill on Spring River up and across Martin's Creek along the old Indian trail that ran from Memphis to . . . — Map (db m49108) HM
Arkansas (Sharp County), Hardy — F-21 — Sharp County Court House
The first court house in Sharp County was erected at Evening Shade in 1868. About 1890 another court house was built at Hardy in the northern end of the county and since then the county has maintained two seats of justice. — Map (db m65507) HM

3 markers matched your search criteria.  
  
  
 
Paid Advertisement We are suspending Amazon.com advertising until they remove an ad for a certain book from circulation. A word in the book’s title has given rise to number of complaints. The word is inappropriate in school classroom settings.