Originally known as Fort Lick for salt springs, known during the Revolution, which attracted herds of game. Webster Springs was important health resort for many years. Town retains name of Addison for Addison McLaughlin, owner of its site. — — Map (db m82501) HM
Built here by Johnson Camden in 1896. This hotel had 265 rooms and was the second largest wooden structure in WV. Equipped with an electric power plant and the first elevator in WV. Guests arrived on the WV Midland R.R. to visit Mineral Springs . . . — — Map (db m82365) HM
Webster County. Formed, 1860, from Braxton, Nicholas, Randolph. Named for Daniel Webster. Webster County is noted for its fine mountain scenery. Its forest produced the tree that was the largest hardwood at the Chicago World’s Fair, 1893.
. . . — — Map (db m82652) HM