Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

Related Historical Markers

To better understand the relationship, study each marker in the order shown.
 
The Nottingham Lots Marker image, Touch for more information
By William Pfingsten, July 17, 2007
The Nottingham Lots Marker
Maryland (Cecil County), Rising Sun — The Nottingham Lots
37 lots of approximately 500 acres each given by William Penn to his colonists in 1702 although they lay in Maryland and were part of George Talbotís “Susquehanna Manor” of 32,000 acres granted him in 1680 by Lord Baltimore. — Map (db m1760) HM
Maryland (Cecil County), Elkton — Blue Ball Tavern
Established about 1710 on Lot No. 35 of “The Nottingham Lots” by Andrew Job who secured it from William Penn. Jobís son, Thomas married Elizabeth Maxwell, niece of Daniel Defoe who wrote “Robinson Crusoe.” — Map (db m1765) HM

2 markers matched your search criteria.  
  
  
  
 
Paid Advertisement