Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Related Historical Markers

 
Georgetown and Goldsboro Marker image, Touch for more information
By AGS Media, December 30, 2011
Georgetown and Goldsboro Marker
Florida (Seminole County), Sanford — Georgetown and Goldsboro
African Americans were first brought to the Sanford area by slave-holding families settling in the Fort Mellon area during the 1840s. Later in the nineteenth century, Henry Sanford welcomed black residents to his city when it was established in 1870 . . . — Map (db m54203) HM
Florida (Seminole County), Sanford — Georgetown
The community of Georgetown, a suburb east of Sanford Avenue, and north of Celery Avenue was established circa 1870. It was comprised of lots sold by Henry Sanford to the early black pioneers who had made their way from Virginia, the Carolinas, West . . . — Map (db m54205) HM
Florida (Seminole County), Sanford — Goldsboro
The west Sanford community of Goldsboro, at the turn of the 21st century, is home to more than 4,000 people, was the second Florida town incorporated by black citizens. William Clark opened a store in 1886 in the village of Goldsboro and on December . . . — Map (db m54206) HM
Florida (Seminole County), Sanford — St. James African Methodist Episcopal Church Erected - 1910-1913 819 Cypress Avenue —
Saint James African Methodist Episcopal (A.M.E.) Church has been located on Cypress Avenue since 1880 on land purchased from General Henry S. Sanford. The current structure was designed by Prince W. Spears and built in 1910-1913. The design of the . . . — Map (db m54207) HM

4 markers matched your search criteria.  
  
 
Paid Advertisement