Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

Historical Marker Pages Containing “grange”

 
Grange Hall School Marker image, Touch for more information
By Mark Hilton, January 21, 2014
Grange Hall School Marker
Alabama (Montgomery County), Pintlala — Pintlala Grange Hall / Grange Hall School
(Side 1) Pintlala Grange Hall The National Grange of the Patrons of Husbandry was organized in 1867 to provide economic, social and cultural improvements for farmers and their families. Pintlala's Grange Hall was erected circa . . . — Map (db m71433) HM

Nebraska (Custer County), Broken Bow — 59 — The Nebraska State Grange
The National Grange of the Patrons of Husbandry was organized in Washington, D.C. in 1867. During the 1870's, it was the major voice of the American farmer and its social, educational, and fraternal activities brightened farm life. "Granger Laws", . . . — Map (db m77761) HM
Wisconsin (Outagamie County), Appleton — 215 — South Greenville Grange No. 225
Oliver Hudson Kelley organized National Grange, Patrons of Husbandry in Washington D.C., December 4, 1867. The Wisconsin State Grange was organized October 24, 1872 by National Deputy J. C. Abbott. South Greenville Grange No. 225 was organized by . . . — Map (db m3716) HM

Minnesota (Hennepin County), Edina — Minnehaha Grange Hall
[west side] Minnehaha Grange No. 398 was organized on December 12, 1873. Its members came from Edina Mills, Richfield Mills, St. Louis Park and the surrounding area. At first, the Grange met in the homes of its members. Then in . . . — Map (db m55450) HM

California (El Dorado County), Pilot Hill — 551 — California’s First Grange Hall
Original Marker - Missing First Replacement Marker - See Photo #2 Pilot Hill Grange No.1, of 29 charter members: Master, F. D. Brown; Secretary, A. J. Bayley; was organized August 10, 1870. The Grange Hall, dedicated at this site . . . — Map (db m11607) HM

New York (Putnam County), Patterson — Patterson Grange No. 939Patterson 200 Years
Patterson Grange No. 939 (Original Charter Patterson Grange No. 237) 1874 The country was on the brink of a depression, and the power of the railroads dominated the post Civil War economy when farmers from the Midwest and the . . . — Map (db m24811) HM
Pennsylvania (Lycoming County), Montgomery — Eagle Grange No. 1
Pennsylvania's first Grange, officially organized March 4, 1871, two and a half years before organization of the Pennsylvania State Grange on Sept. 18, 1873. The National Grange (order of Patrons of Husbandry) had been established in 1867. . . . — Map (db m43510) HM

New York (New York County), New York — Alexander Hamilton's HouseThe New Home of the Hamilton-Grange — National Park Service, U.S. Department of the Interior
The New Home of the Hamilton-Grange. Alexander Hamilton’s house, named “The Grange” after his family’s ancestral home in Scotland, was moved from its original site on W. 143rd Street to 287 Convent Avenue in 1889. Studies have been . . . — Map (db m62336) HM

South Carolina (Abbeville County), Donalds — The Donalds Grange No. 497Patrons of Husbandry and Literacy
The Donalds Grange No. 497 is significant for both its architecture and its contribution to the social development of the community and Abbeville County. For these reasons, Donalds Grange No. 497, Patrons of Husbandry, was entered into the . . . — Map (db m12112) HM

Colorado (Douglas County), Franktown — 288 — Russellville - History of Franktown / Franktown Country - Timber Industry
Panel 1 Russellville For a few exciting months, Russellville felt like Colorado's gold-rush capital. The town rose five miles southeast of here in late 1858, after William Green Russell discovered a few gleaming . . . — Map (db m97969) HM

Michigan (Van Buren County), Decatur — L2111 — Hamilton Grange Hall / Hamilton Fair
(Obverse Side) Hamilton Grange Hall Local farmers organized Hamilton Grange No. 355 in 1874 and built this hall the following year. Lacking a town center, area residents congregated at the hall, which hosted elections and . . . — Map (db m68413) HM

Quebec (Brome-Missisquoi MRC), Saint-Ignace-de-Stanbridge (Mystic) — Grange Alexander-Solomon-Walbridge
Construite en 1882 par l'entrepreneur Alexander Solomon Walbridge, cette grange-étable est formée de douze murs pignons disposés autour d'un espace central. Le bâtiment comporte deux niveaux: un premier qui servait d'étable et un second, divisé en . . . — Map (db m77846) HM
California (Contra Costa County), Danville — The Grange and Fraternal Hall (1874)233 Front Street — Danville Heritage Resource No. 8
The Danville Grange was a farmers' association and the hub of the community in the late 1800's and early 1900's. The Grange was instrumental in bringing many improvements to the valley over the years, such as San Ramon Valley High School, a public . . . — Map (db m93671) HM
California (Sacramento County), Rancho Cordova — American River Grange #172
Organized March 1874 Dedicated October 1882 Presented by Native Daughters of the Golden West San Juan Parol #315 Rededicated 5-15-98 — Map (db m2033) HM
California (Stanislaus County), La Grange — Historic La Grange
The township of La Grange, French for "The Barn," was established in 1852 near the Tuolumne River. By 1853 French, Chinese, Mexicans, Spanish and Americans were here to mine gold, farm and ranch. About 5,000 people lived in the area. In 1854 . . . — Map (db m94797) HM
California (Stanislaus County), La Grange — La Grange
This area has seen four phases of mining – placer, tunneling, hydraulic, and dredging. This bucket, one of a chain of 100, holds 12 c.f. and is from one of the worlds largest dredges. The Tuolumne Gold Dredging Co. started operation of the . . . — Map (db m94799) HM
California (Stanislaus County), La Grange — 414 — La Grange
French settlers originally established the community of French Bar along the Tuolumne River in 1850. After the destructive floods of 1851-52, citizens of French Bar relocated one mile upstream above the flood plain. Renamed La Grange, the new town . . . — Map (db m42578) HM
California (Stanislaus County), La Grange — La Grange Gold Dredge Co. Camp
In this stand of eucalyptus trees lie the remains of the La Grange Gold Dredge Co. Camp. Here unmarried miners lived in a small community while they operated huge dredging machines near and on the Tuolumne River. The camp was abandoned in 1951 when . . . — Map (db m46325) HM
California (Stanislaus County), La Grange — La Grange Saloon
The original saloon on this site burned on January 13, 1897 as a result of a fire in the adjacent Coulter Hotel. The saloon owner Louis Levaggi, erected the present building the same year for 13,000. It was known as the “Metropolitan”. . . . — Map (db m42575) HM
California (Stanislaus County), La Grange — The Old La Grange Schoolhouse
This building, circa 1875, replaced the Branch District School that was built of rough lumber in 1855. Typical of the era, it is one room with handmade furnishings, porch and bell tower. A native of Iowa, C. C. Wright came here and began teaching in . . . — Map (db m42562) HM
California (Trinity County), Weaverville — 778 — The La Grange Mine
This mine was originally known as the Oregon Mountain group of claims, first operated about 1862. In 1892 the mine was purchased by the La Grange Hydraulic Gold Mining Company which brought water from Stuart's Fork through 29 miles of ditch tunnels . . . — Map (db m32635) HM
California (Yuba County), Loma Rica — 139-5 — Loma Rica Grange Hall #802
The National Grange of the Order of the Patrons of Husbandry is a fraternal organization that encourages families to band together to promote the economic and political well-being of the community and agriculture and was founded in 1867. Loma Rica . . . — Map (db m93917) HM
Connecticut (Fairfield County), Shelton — Huntington World War II Memorial
1941         1945 Honor Roll Of Those Who Went From Huntington To Serve Their Country Eli J. Baldwin • Robert L. Baldwin • Margarte E. Bassett • Royal O. Birdseye • Stanley R. Block • Howard R. Bonnell • James L. Burkle • George . . . — Map (db m25376) HM
Connecticut (Fairfield County), Weston — Norfield Grange World War II Memorial
. . . — Map (db m30818) HM
District of Columbia (Washington), The National Mall — National Grange
Near this site The National Grange of the Patrons of Husbandry was organized on December 4, 1867 in the office of the Superintendent of the Propagating Gardens Department of Agriculture The founders of the Grange were: Oliver H. Kelley, . . . — Map (db m47448) HM
Maryland (Frederick County), Walkersville — Israel's CreekMeeting House Cemetery
Internments dating from 1817 Plaque erected 1965 by Glade Valley Grange with cooperation of Methodist Church Walkersville, Maryland — Map (db m8649) HM
Minnesota (Goodhue County), Red Wing — Mt. La Grange – Barn Bluff
This bold bluff was a landmark for French explorers who named it Mt. La Grange for its resemblance to a large barn. Some 10,000 years ago meltwater from the glaciers carved a deep channel in this area. Barn Bluff became an island in the . . . — Map (db m24982) HM
Minnesota (Sherburne County), Elk River — Grange ShrineOliver Hudson Kelley Home
The National Grange of the Order of Patrons of Husbandry was founded in Washington, D.C. on December 4, 1867. This date marks the birth of organized agriculture on American soil. Oliver Hudson Kelley first advanced the idea of a farm fraternity. As . . . — Map (db m69902) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Pittstown — Oak Grove Grange #119Site of
Chartered June 30, 1896 Charter surrendered 1988 Original building built in 1898 on land owned by H.K. Wright. Grange founded for purpose of cooperative buying to lower costs for farmers. — Map (db m47943) HM
New York (Dutchess County), Pawling — Grange Hall
Pawling Grange founded 1897. Hall built by Grange members in 1946 as meeting place and community center. Sold to Town of Pawling in 1962. — Map (db m24658) HM
New York (Erie County), Collins — Tree With Bank AccountNichols Elm
Tree With Bank Account Nichols Elm Stopping place for stage coaches, Indian trail and survey marker. Saved in 1928 when route 39 was built. Preserved through funds collected by citizens of Collins Center. On February 7, 1964, the 145 year . . . — Map (db m104149) HM
New York (Monroe County), Irondequoit — Our Irondequoit
Our Irondequoit melon was developed here on the Wm. Sutton farm. Its seed was first sold 1899. Very famous for its taste. Wiped out by blight 1940s. — Map (db m90142) HM
New York (Monroe County), Webster — Webster Grange
Organized 1880 - Grange Hall 1899 An institution of social and agricultural influence in Webster Largest grange in the U.S.A. — Map (db m65344) HM
New York (New York County), New York City — Hamilton GrangeThe Home of Alexander Hamilton
1757 * A.B., A.M., L.L.D. * 1804 Statesman Soldier * Administrator * Lawyer Captain Lt. Col. Staff of General Washington Major General Member of Congress Member of New York Legislature Delegate to the Constitutional Convention First Secretary of . . . — Map (db m11688) HM
New York (Onondaga County), Spafford — Borodino Hall
Site of first religious society of Borodino Church c. 1833 Spafford Town Hall 1870 Borodino Grange #1272 1912-1997 Spafford Area Historical Society 1997 — Map (db m108495) HM
New York (Schenectady County), Duanesburg — Home of William North
Home, Erected 1784 - Of - William North Born 1755 Died 1836 ————————— Soldier Throughout The Revolution Aide De Camp To Baron Steuben Adjutant General Of The Provisional . . . — Map (db m27494) HM
Ohio (Fulton County), Winameg — Council Oak / Col. D.W.H. HowardChief Winameg - Col, D.W.H. Howard / Pioneer of Fulton County
Council Oak Of the three things for which the site is historically important, only one survives - the famous Council Oak. Given the power of speech, the great tree could tell a stirring story of council meetings, torture of war prisoners, and . . . — Map (db m100804) HM
Ohio (Fulton County), Winameg — Winameg Mounds
This site(approximately 6 acres) contains 12 low mounds which each averaged 3 foot high and 35 feet wide. They contain adult, children, and animal remains and cremains, altars, and personal belongings of pre-historic mound building cultures from the . . . — Map (db m101218) HM
Ohio (Lorain County), Wellington — Veterans Monument
Dedicated to the Honor and Sacrifice of our Men and Women Who served our Country in times of War The erection of this monument made possible by the gifts of the citizens of the community, the assistance of the Huntington Grange, the efforts of . . . — Map (db m38829) HM
Ohio (Summit County), Twinsburg — Twinsburg World War II - Korea - Vietnam War Memorial
In Memoriam World War II Lt. Herbert Gill Navy Fighter Pilot Died - Dec. 4, 1943 Sgt. Paul Bennett 486 QM REF. Co. M. Died - Dec. 6, 1945 P.F.C. Fred Staedtler, Jr. Co. M., 145 Inf., 37 Div. Died - Mar. 6, 1945 Bert . . . — Map (db m44883) WM
Pennsylvania (Montgomery County), King of Prussia — 1st and 2nd Rhode Island Regiments
Dedicated to Major General Nathanael Greene Brigadier General James Mirchell Varnum Colonel Christopher Greene Colonel Israel Angell and to other officers and men of 1st and 2nd Rhode Island Regiments encamped at Valley Forge in 1777-1778. - Let . . . — Map (db m28897) HM
Pennsylvania (Montgomery County), Trappe — Keystone Grange #2 Old Lodge Hall
Erected - circa 1849 by Providence Lodge No. 345 I.O.O.F. 1865 Warren Lodge No. 310 F.&A.M. 1865-1913 Keystone Grange No. 2 P. of H. 1913 Organized March 20, 1873 in Upper-Providence Twp, Penna. 2nd Grange to be organized in . . . — Map (db m21471) HM
Pennsylvania (Pike County), Matamoras — Delaware River
Called Lennape Wihittuck by native Lenni Lennape Indians. Lamasepose or Great Fishkill by early Dutch settlers. — Map (db m24480) HM
Pennsylvania (Pike County), Matamoras — Mid – Delaware
Name given to present bridge erected 1939. Other bridges destroyed by ice gorge March 17, 1875 and flood of October 10, 1903. — Map (db m24482) HM
Pennsylvania (Sullivan County), Forkville — Harold "Red" Grange(1903 - 1991)
Legendary football player, nicknamed " The Galloping Ghost," born in Forksville. Member, College Football Hall of Fame . Career began at Wheaton (Ill.) High School; scored 75 touchdowns. Played 1923-25 for the University of Illinois; an All - . . . — Map (db m90013) HM
South Carolina (Newberry County), Newberry — 36-2 — Bush River Quaker Meeting
This old cemetery marks the site of the Bush River Meeting House. Settled by Quakers in the 1760s, it was a monthly meeting (1770-1822) and a quarterly meeting with jurisdiction over all meetings in South Carolina and Georgia from 1791 to 1808. . . . — Map (db m13288) HM
Tennessee (Fayette County), LaGrange — 4E 65 — La Grange
Settled in 1819 on the site of an Indian trading post, it was named for General La Fayette's ancestral home in France. He visited La Grange in 1824 and called it the "Beautiful Village." Its location on a bluff made it a natural military post; . . . — Map (db m62007) HM
Texas (Fayette County), La Grange — 1184/2495 — The Dawson Expedition / Historic Oak Tree
The Dawson Expedition Under this historic oak on September 15, 1842, Capt. Nicholas Mosby Dawson organized his company of Fayette County mounted volunteers, who rushed to reinforce Col. Matthew Caldwell, after San Antonio was captured by . . . — Map (db m53231) HM
Virginia (Chesterfield County), Chesterfield — S-29 — Magnolia Grange
Built in 1822 by William Winfree, this Federal-style house was named for the large stand of magnolia trees in the front yard. It was originally surrounded by a 600-acre farm. A nearby tavern provided lodging for persons with business at the . . . — Map (db m19487) HM
Washington (Spokane County), Deep Creek Community — Camp Washington
Commemorating the establishing of Camp Washington by Governor Isaac I. Stevens on the site in front of this monument where he and Gen'l then Captain George B McClellan and their military and engineering forces met and camped from October . . . — Map (db m45328) HM
Washington (Spokane County), Four Lakes — Battle of Four Lakes
On this historic ground, Sept. 1, 1858, 700 soldiers under Col Geo. Wright, U.S.A. routed 5,000 allied indians. Four days later, the rallied hostiles were decisively defeated in a running battle. They sued for mercy, and have ever since . . . — Map (db m3816) HM
Wisconsin (Rock County), Town of La Prairie — 104 — La Prairie Grange Hall
La Prairie Grange No. 79 was organized February 27, 1873, and the Grange Hall was built between June 20 and September 5, 1874. Constructed jointly with the Town of La Prairie, the Hall cost $1,938.50. In 1960 the Town Board deeded the land and . . . — Map (db m40478) HM

Texas (Fayette County), La Grange — 5607 — The First U.S. Postal Rural Mail Route in Texas
Authorized effective August 1, 1899 La Grange, Fayette County — Map (db m95433) HM
Wisconsin (Dane County), Cottage Grove — 17 — The Wisconsin Granger Movement
The Cottage Grove Grange, which became a leader in the state and national Grange movement, had its meeting hall near this site shortly after the Civil War. As a community center it became a significant cultural and social influence for pioneer farm . . . — Map (db m37290) HM

France, Île-de-France, Paris — Passages Jouffroy et VerdeanHistoire de Paris
La Grange Batelière était au Moyen-Age une ferme fortifiée (Grange Bataillée). Son nom fut donné plus tard à un petit course d'eau qui disparut vers la fin du XVIIIème siècle. Au n°10 de la rue fut édifié sous Louis XV l'hôtel de Biéville ou de . . . — Map (db m85283) HM
Missouri (Lewis County), Canton — Canton
Side A: Here on the Mississippi, where wooded hills rise above the plains along the river, Edward White, Robert Sinclair, and Isaac Bland founded Canton, probably named for Canton, Ohio, in February of 1830. On the pioneer Salt River . . . — Map (db m55407) HM

Michigan (Wayne County), Belleville — L255 — Old Van Buren Township Hall
Van Buren Township was organized out of Huron Township by an act of the Legislative Council of the Territory of Michigan in 1835. Township business was conducted from homes until this building was completed in 1875. The original plans called for a . . . — Map (db m98876) HM

Connecticut (Middlesex County), Middlefield — Site of Old Town Hall
Site Of Old Town Hall Land Purchased And Given To Town In 1892 By Members Of Middlefield Grange For A Town Hall Building Dedicated And Used By Grange Mar. 16, 1894 – June 6, 1964 — Map (db m94843) HM

California (Stanislaus County), Roberts Ferry — Roberts Ferry History Walk
[A short walk starting on the eastern side of the Roberts Ferry Covered Bridge; walking south, crossing over to the western side and returning north. Interpretive markers are placed along both sides covering the timeline from the first people who . . . — Map (db m42617) HM

California (Shasta County), Igo — Piety Hill
The townsite is located along Cloverdale Rd. for 0.7 of a mile. Established in 1849, the town grew quickly to 1,500 residents, including 600 Chinese closeby. The Hardscrabble mine began operations in 1853, served by the Dry Creek Tunnel and Fluming . . . — Map (db m89136) HM
Minnesota (Anoka County), Ramsey — AN-RMC-008 — Itasca Village Townsite
Itasca grew up around an Indian trading post which was established 800 feet east of here in 1849 by Thomas A. Holmes and James Beatty. At the suggestion of Territorial Governor Alexander Ramsey, the settlement was named in honor of Lake Itasca, the . . . — Map (db m69908) HM
Ohio (Medina County), Seville — 1-52 — "The Giants of Seville"
(Front Side) Seville's most famous residents, Captain Martin Van Buren Bates (1845-1919) and Anna Swan Bates (1848-1889) settled here in 1873. Their notoriety stemmed from their dramatic stature: Martin, a former Confederate soldier from . . . — Map (db m61959) HM
Texas (Bell County), Salado — 4348 — Major Archibald Johnson Rose1830 - 1903
Before migrating to Texas, A. J. Rose made a fortune in the 1849 California Gold Rush. In 1857 he and his wife Sallie (Austin) brought their family from Missouri to Travis County, Texas. Later they settled in San Saba County, where Rose ran a mill . . . — Map (db m29345) HM
Texas (Fayette County), La Grange — 13237 — Hermes House
German native Dr. William A. Hermes moved to La Grange in 1855 to practice medicine. He opened Hermes Drug Store the following year with his partner, Dr. Eck. His two sons, August and William, Jr., earned pharmacy degrees and joined the family . . . — Map (db m71627) HM

Kentucky (Oldham County), La Grange — 752 — A Masonic Leader

Home of Dr. Rob Morris, 1818-88. In 1884 "crowned Poet Laureate of Freemasonry." Founded the Order of the Eastern Star. He was born near Boston, Mass., lived 28 years here. From 1861 to 1865 president of the Masonic College, located in La . . . — Map (db m96058) HM

New York (Montgomery County), Hagaman — Pawling Hall
Has Been Placed on The National Register of Historic Places in 2002 By the United States Department of the Interior William G. Pomeroy Foundation 2013Map (db m76606) HM

California (Stanislaus County), La Grange — 1 — The Old Barn – First Adobe Building
First adobe building in La Grange Built prior to 1850 Used for post office and later stables for horses that brought freight in from Waterford. — Map (db m42585) HM
California (Stanislaus County), La Grange — 2 — The Trading Post
1st stone building in La Grange built in winter of 1850-51 by John Inmon and William Sanders — Map (db m94826) HM
Michigan (Lenawee County), Adrian — L2102 — Lenawee County Fairgrounds
The Agricultural Society of Lenawee County organized and held its first fair in 1839, making it one of Michigans oldest county fairs. The fair originally took place in downtown Adrian between River Street and the River Raisin. In 1879 the grandstand . . . — Map (db m102733) HM
New York (Monroe County), Scottsville — Erected 1834
Quaker Meeting House built and used by the Orthodox Quakers 1834-54 by Hicksites 1854-1873 Grange Hall 1937 — Map (db m56835) HM
North Carolina (Beaufort County), Bath — B-5 — Christopher Galeca. 1679-1735
Chief Justice of colony of North Carolina, 1712. Lived nearby at "Kirby Grange," his plantation. — Map (db m65701) HM
South Carolina (Richland County), Columbia — Henry Disbrow Phillips, D.D.Trinity Parish House — Trinity Episcopal Church
This building is dedicated in loving memory to Henry Disbrow Phillips, D.D. 1882 - 1955 Rector of this parish 1922-1938 Bishop of Southwestern Virginia 1938-1954 Founder and warden of La Grange settlement, La Grange Georgia an . . . — Map (db m45391) HM
Texas (Fayette County), La Grange — 873 — Old City Cemetery
Used for burials by 1840, this site was deeded by J. S. Lester to trustees who conveyed it to La Grange after incorporation of the city on July 3, 1854. Fourteen townswomen on April 17, 1873, formed what was probably the first such organization . . . — Map (db m84613) HM

Alabama (Henry County), Newville — Newville Baptist Church / Newville Baptist Church Cemetery
Side 1 Newville Baptist Church A small Baptist congregation met under a brush arbor in 1876, near what later became the village of Wells which grew into the town of Newville, Alabama. A log church called Center was erected in . . . — Map (db m71814) HM
California (Fresno County), Selma — 30 — Groundwater Irrigation Beginnings
[Marker Front:] Groundwater Irrigation Beginnings The San Joaquin Valley's groundwater reservoir was first tapped with a practical pumping plant 4 miles northeast of here on Dec. 12, 1894. William De La Grange of Selma, tired of . . . — Map (db m28594) HM
Michigan (Kalamazoo County), Climax — First Rural Free Delivery Carriers
(Tablet facing East) First rural free delivery carriers starting out from Climax post office. (From photo taken by Frank Hoogman) This tablet erected by Michigan Rural Letter Carriers' Association, 1917. (Tablet facing . . . — Map (db m68799) HM
Minnesota (Faribault County), Blue Earth — Minnesota Agriculture
Since its territorial days, in the mid-19th century, Minnesota’s identity has been rooted in agriculture. With acres of prairies and woodlands to turn into farms, the state proved attractive to waves of settlers from eastern states and other . . . — Map (db m96915) HM
Texas (Fayette County), La Grange — 1581 — Fayette County, C.S.A.
Although voted 600 against to 580 for secession, began Confederate recruiting in June 1861. La Grange was headquarters for 22nd Brigade, Texas State Troops, Brig. Gen. Wm. G. Webb commanding, of which 18 companies (1,238 men ) and 72 officers were . . . — Map (db m84614) HM

Louisiana (Madison Parish), Taliulah — Battle for the Mississippi: The Vicksburg Campaign
  The fall of New Orleans in April 1862, capped the beginning of an 18-month drive to control Vicksburg and the Mississippi River. The fight for this strategic location was arduous. Vicksburg, sitting high atop bluffs, was . . . — Map (db m60227) HM

Colorado (Larimer County), Fort Collins — Donated Land for the Agricultural College(Colorado State University)
. . . — Map (db m52105) HM

Dominica, Saint John, Chance — Cabrits Calendar of EventsCalendrier des Evènements des Cabrits
3000 BC - The first Amerindian people settle in the bay. Les premiers Amérindiens s'installent dans la baie. 1493 - One ship of Columbus fleet on his 2nd Voyage enters the bay and sees dwellings and people. Un navire de la flotte de Christophe . . . — Map (db m94478) HM
Alabama (Calhoun County), Jacksonville — Jacksonville State University
This Educational Center of Northeast Alabama Traces its Origin to Jacksonville Male Academy 1836 Jacksonville Female Academy 1837 Calhoun College 1871 Calhoun Grange College 1878 State Normal School 1883 State Teachers College 1929 . . . — Map (db m36426) HM
Alabama (Henry County), Newville — Newville High School / Newville Rosenwald School
Side 1 Newville High School The first known school in Newville was at Center Church in 1881. When Grange Hall was built in 1891, church services and school were held on the first floor. In 1913, Grange Hall was torn down and the . . . — Map (db m71812) HM
California (Contra Costa County), Walnut Creek — 149 — Valley Mercantile1403 N. Main St. — 1916
Originally located at another Main Street site, Valley Mercantile move into the old Grange Hall at this corner around 1910. The owner, Joseph Silviara, replaced the wood structure with a brick building in 1916. In addition to its retail business, . . . — Map (db m93876) HM
California (Nevada County), Nevada City — Giant
This monitor was used at the now closed La Grange Mine near Weaverville in Trinity County and is similar in size to those used at the Malakoff to wash down the gravel hillsides. It was obtained through a joint effort of E Clampus Vitus, . . . — Map (db m861) HM
California (Stanislaus County), La Grange — Saint Louis Mission
Built in 1852 by the French inhabitants of the Township of La Grange and dedicated by the Catholic Church in 1854 as a mission. It is the first church of any denomination in Stanislaus County. — Map (db m42565) HM
Maryland (Charles County), La Plata — Surgeon General Revolutionary Army
Dr. James Craik, friend and family physician of Gen Washington, built this place, La Grange, about 1765 and lived here until his removal to Alexandria, VA., 1783. — Map (db m6734) HM
Michigan (Branch County), Coldwater — S489 — Governor Cyrus Gray Luce
On this site lived Cyrus Gray Luce, twenty-seventh Governor of Michigan. Born in Ohio in 1824, he moved to Branch County about 1849. He soon became involved in township, local and state politics, serving on the Board of Agriculture, in the . . . — Map (db m66760) HM
Michigan (Washtenaw County), Chelsea — L0193 — North Lake Methodist Church
The Reverend Charles Glenn organized the first Methodist class here in 1836, and for the next ten years the group met in the home of his brother, John. In 1846 the brothers presented the congregation with a building which served as both church and . . . — Map (db m55416) HM
New York (Chautauqua County), Fredonia — Fredonia #1
Near here on April 16, 1868, farmers organized the first grange to champion their needs in the healing of the nation recovering from civil war. — Map (db m96226) HM
New York (Dutchess County), Lagrangeville — Historic Freedom Plains Church
. . . — Map (db m37639) HM
New York (Livingston County), Avon — South Avon
Farming & industrial community dating from 1800 with a school, blacksmith, grange hall, factories & mills. Chadwick Tavern built 1830. — Map (db m58049) HM
New York (New York County), New York — Colonnade RowLandmarks of New York
These four houses constitute the remaining portion of a colonnade of nine, originally named La Grange Terrace after the country seat of the Marquis de Lafayette. When constructed in 1831 by Seth Geer, this was considered the finest row of private . . . — Map (db m41192) HM
New York (Niagara County), Ransomville — Swigert's Evaporator
c. 1902, John and Henry Swigert built an evaporator, one of the world's largest apple dryers, and in 1905 a cooperage. Both were destroyed by fire in 1927. The Grange Hall survived. — Map (db m72712) HM
Ohio (Morgan County), Malta — 1-58 — Morgan County Dungeon
Prisoners convicted of rioting, larceny and adultery in Morgan County between 1833 and 1839 were confined to a dungeon near the Court House in McConnelsville. This stone vault, 11 feet high, 5 feet wide and 12 feet long, was discovered in 1964 and . . . — Map (db m13388) HM
Pennsylvania (Cumberland County), Mechanicsburg — Williams Grove
This railroad junction became the site of the Great Grangers' Interstate Picnic Exhibition, founded 1874 by R. H. Thomas of the State Grange. The annual event drew an estimated 100,000 or more people in a week by the 1890's. The John Williams House, . . . — Map (db m26998) HM
South Carolina (Aiken County), Aiken — 2-32 — Aiken County Farmers' Market
The Aiken County Farmers’ Market, founded in 1951, was originally an open air market sponsored by the Edisto Grange. This building, which opened on May 21, 1954, was designed by Woodrow Jackson and built by the Aiken County chain gang. Farmers . . . — Map (db m28630) HM
Texas (Bell County), Salado — 4349 — The Major A.J. Rose House
Built in 1870-72, this structure typifies the Greek Revival style with its symmetrical facade. The residence was constructed for former Confederate officer Archibald Johnson Rose (1830-1903) and his large family. A prosperous farmer, Rose . . . — Map (db m29346) HM
Texas (Bexar County), San Antonio — 1182 — The Dawson Massacre
Occurred in this vicinity on September 18, 1842 when Captain Nicholas Mosby Dawson and 53 men from La Grange, in attempting to join Captain Mathew Caldwell (Old Paint) and his company of Texas volunteers during the Battle of the Salado, were . . . — Map (db m85981) HM
Texas (Fayette County), La Grange — 5580 — Site of a Twin Blockhouse
Built about 1828 - used as a place of defense against the Indians and known as Moore's Fort in honor of its builder and owner, John Henry Moore, 1800-1880, noted Indian fighter and commander of the Texans at the Battle of Gonzales, October 2, 1835 - . . . — Map (db m53228) HM
Texas (Fayette County), Round Top — 5714 — Wandke House
Johann Traugott Wandke (1808-1870) immigrated from Prussia to nearby La Grange with his wife Christiane and two daughters, Karoline and Christiane, in 1855. About 1860 Johann and Christiane came to Round Top to live in the home of their daughter . . . — Map (db m61293) HM

Maryland (Carroll County), Mt. Airy — Parrsville & RidgevilleTwo Towns at the Four Corners
Here at Milestone 31, about 130 feet southeast of its original location, the Baltimore and Frederick-Town Turnpike created two towns as it moved west. Both Parrsville and Ridgeville are now a part of Mount Airy. Parrsville, to the east, was named . . . — Map (db m4933) HM

Louisiana (East Carroll Parish), Lake Providence — Battle for the Mississippi: The Vicksburg Campaign
Left side The fall of New Orleans in April 1862, capped the beginning of an 18-month drive to control Vicksburg and the Mississippi River. The fight for this strategic location was arduous. Vicksburg, sitting high atop . . . — Map (db m90404) HM
New York (Erie County), Hamburg — Village of Hamburg Historic Walking Tour
The village of Hamburg has many historic buildings, both public and private. Some of the buildings are highlighted here. Follow the map below to see more of the village's historic buildings. 1) First Baptist Church 116 Main Street. The . . . — Map (db m82549) HM

France, Champagne-Ardenne (Marne Département), Reims — 25 — Porte et Place du Chapitre de la Cathédral
La pâté de maisons compris entre la cathédral, les rues du Cloître, du Trésor et Carnot étaient réservées aux chanoines. Cet enclose comprenait le cloître, les bâtiments nécessaires a la vie committee, les écoles et toutes les dépendances utiles à . . . — Map (db m86016) HM
Kentucky (Oldham County), La Grange — 104 East Main Streetcirca 1910

This property is on the National Register of Historic Places by the United States Department of the Interior — Map (db m96043) HM


Dominica, Saint John, Chance — Upper Battery, Signal Station
The garrison at the Cabrits never saw any action, although the Battle of the Saints, fought between the French and British fleets on 12 April 1782, occurred within sight of the ramparts, and Fort Shirley was the scene of the revolt of the 8th West . . . — Map (db m94501) HM
Alabama (Montgomery County), Pintlala — Pintlala School
Opened in 1923 to consolidate a number of one-, two-, and three-teacher institutions in southwestern Montgomery County including Hope Hull, LeGrand, Mt. Carmel, Grange Hall, Snowdoun, Bethlehem, Fleta, Sankey, and Tabernacle. W.F. Feagin served as . . . — Map (db m71432) HM
California (Stanislaus County), Modesto — Modesto – Stanislaus County Seat
Originally called “Ralston” after the founder who was too modest to permit the use of his name, hence “Modesto” Adamsville – 1854, Named after Doctor Adams, the only physician in the area. Empire City – . . . — Map (db m19506) HM
Delaware (Kent County), Harrington — K-61 — First Rural Free Delivery Route
For many years the National Grange and other organizations interested in the welfare of citizens residing in rural areas advocated the establishment of rural free delivery of mail. In October 1896, the Post Office Department introduced experimental . . . — Map (db m37476) HM
Georgia (Washington County), Davisboro — 150-17 — Fenn's Bridge
On Nov. 27, 1864, the Left Wing (14th and 20th Corps) of Gen. Sherman’s army [US] moved from Sandersville toward Louisville on its destructive March to the Sea. The 20th Corps (Williams) and Carlin’s division, 14th Corps (Davis), moved to Davisboro . . . — Map (db m38008) HM
Kansas (Johnson County), Overland Park — Stanley Rural High School1919 - 1965
While S.R.H.S. was being built, classes were held in the Christian and Methodist churches - Grange Hall. Charter Roll SCHOOL BOARD      TEACHERS J.L. Chaney, R.H. Holmes, P.L. Kellogg - J.L. Stark, Principal; Amy Kincaid Students . . . — Map (db m20786) HM
Michigan (Lapeer County), Lapeer — 175 — Lapeer County
Set off by Gov. Cass in 1822, this county took its name from the French La Pierre, a translation of the Indian name for the Flint River. Settlers began to arrive in 1828. The county seat, founded in 1831, was also named Lapeer. Organization . . . — Map (db m101532) HM
Michigan (Montmorency County), Atlanta — L1808 — Big Rock
Natural features have often played a role in the naming of communities. One such settlement was Big Rock. Named after a massive boulder, this hamlet was located at the crossroads of present-day M-32 and Thornton Road. Seth Gillet became the first . . . — Map (db m33279) HM
New York (Erie County), Blasdell — Historic Lake Avenue
Historic Lake Avenue ——·•·—— In 1884 a North Collins man, Heman Blasdell, came to this new developing Lake Avenue community and constructed a four story hotel at a site on the north side of what was at that time a crude . . . — Map (db m94027) HM
New York (Monroe County), Henrietta — The West Henrietta Village
On this crossroads of West Henrietta and Erie Station Roads arose an early settlement known as the West Henrietta Village. It was critical to the development of the Town of Henrietta, NY.

Early Buildings: Chapman Hotel built 1821; second hotel . . . — Map (db m57777) HM

Ohio (Delaware County), Gregory — Former Site of Berlin School1915 - 1973 — "Oh, we're proud of the school that stands on the hill."
Berlin School stood on this site from 1915 to 1975. The first graduating class was in 1916, with the first graduate being Mildred Schanck. The last graduating class was in 1953 with 14 members. Over these 38 years, 472 students graduated from . . . — Map (db m20554) HM
Ohio (Warren County), Springboro — M. & J. Wright General MerchandiseCirca 1854
This building was built as a general store for Mahlon and Josiah Wright, sons of the village founder, Jonathan Wright. The building originally had a shed roof extending out over the street to protect customers from the weather. A large stepping . . . — Map (db m13718) HM
South Carolina (Laurens County), Ware Shoals — 30-11 — Martin's Store
[Front]: This store, first known as Daniel’s store or the “Beehive,” was built before the Civil War by James Wright Daniel (1814-1904) and several business partners. In 1878 James Martin (1815-1879) bought the store from the . . . — Map (db m22966) HM
Tennessee (Fayette County), LaGrange — Lucy Petway Holcombe Pickens House
This house was the birthplace of Lucy P. Holcombe Pickens (June 11, 1832 - Aug. 8, 1899), a noted beauty of ante-bellum days and the most famous person born in La Grange. Mrs. Pickens is the only woman whose likeness has appeared on American . . . — Map (db m37276) HM
Texas (Bastrop County), Bastrop — 16996 — H. P. Luckett House
In 1892 the city sold the old Bastrop Academy lot to Dr. Humphrey Powell Luckett (1847-1925) and his wife, Frances "Fannie" (Haynie) (1849-1930). The couple married and moved to Bastrop in 1869, raising five sons. By late 1893, their home designed . . . — Map (db m65121) HM
Texas (Fayette County), La Grange — 17091 — La Fayette Masonic Lodge No. 34 A.F. & A.M.
La Grange's Masonic Lodge organized in 1847, with John Murchison as the first Worshipful Master. Historically, Masons have supported many civic causes including education. The La Fayette Lodge laid the cornerstone for the Fayette County Courthouse . . . — Map (db m84605) HM
Texas (Williamson County), Andice — 9094 — Fore Cemetery
Wiley Fore and his family came to this area from Alabama in 1883. The Baker community had been started two years earlier by Fore's nephew, Robert Baker, and his family. Soon after his arrival Fore organized the Bethel Cumberland Presbyterian Church . . . — Map (db m3562) HM
Texas (Williamson County), Georgetown — Macedonia Baptist Church
The earliest worship services of this congregation were held in 1881 under a back yard arbor at the home of Matilda Lewis. Nine families, including those of Robert Lewis, W. Stevenson, Wiley Cleaveland, George Ross, Esaw Beard, Kissiah Jefferson, . . . — Map (db m4681) HM
Virginia (Fairfax County), Great Falls — Forestville School
Once the site of a Forestville School, this building has served the citizens of the Great Falls community for a century. Constructed alongside the Georgetown Pike in 1889, the school consisted of one room until 1911 when a second building, the . . . — Map (db m2181) HM
Washington (Clark County), Vancouver — Fishers
For centuries Indians used the trail that later became old Evergreen Highway. Where each creek entered the Columbia River the Indians made camp. In 1805 Lewis & Clark and their expedition camped on Government Island, a haven for waterfowl. . . . — Map (db m57879) HM

New Brunswick (Charlotte County), Welshpool — Panoramic View of CottagesVue Panoramique des Résidences d'Éte
Two of the Campobello Company's founders, Alex S. Porter and Samuel Wells, and several of the luxury hotel visitors, including James Roosevelt and families by the name of Sturgis, Cochrane, Prince, and Pell purchased land and refurbished or . . . — Map (db m63641) HM

Pennsylvania (Adams County), Littlestown — LittlestownDeveloping Years — 19th Century
The coming of the Littlestown Railroad in 1858 brought growth and a new life to Littlestown. The railroad ran E-W along Cemetery Street and was extended west to Frederick, MD, in 1872. It was not uncommon for Littlestown citizens to leave . . . — Map (db m10852) HM

Quebec (Chaudière-Appalaches (region)), Berthier-sur-Mer — Hameau Dunière-Dénéchaud
Seigneurial manor site where the second seigneur, Aleandre (Isaac) Berthier, lived as well as the Rigauville, Dunière-Dénéchaud families. Today this site is called Hameau Dunière-Dénéchaud in honor of the last two seigneur of the Seigneurie of . . . — Map (db m80671) HM
Alabama (Colbert County), Leighton — William LeighFounder of Leighton
(side 1) The town of Leighton was named in honor of the Reverend William Leigh, son and grandson of Revolutionary War veterans. He was born in Amelia County Virginia, Oct 4, 1790 and moved to Alabama about 1823.
Leigh settled nearby . . . — Map (db m106112) HM
California (Tehama County), Manton — Hennessy HousedelaMontanya
Prior to 1877, this site was owned by Wm. J. Harrison as part of a 63+ acre spread. In 1894 Harrison sold the property to his daughter, Anna Louise and her new husband, Archie delaMontnya for ten dollars gold. Archie and Annie raised four sons here; . . . — Map (db m89147) HM
Connecticut (Hartford County), New Britain — George Washington Bicentennial
In Commemoration Of The Bi-Centennial Anniversary Of The Birth Of George Washington These Trees Are Dedicated Thanksgiving Day, November 24, 1932 Participating Organizations American Legion, Eddy Glover Post No. 6 • American Legion . . . — Map (db m41651) HM
Connecticut (Litchfield County), Riverton — RivertonFarmington River: Wild & Scenic
In this Area in the Past..... Since the 1820’s Riverton has been a vibrant part of the town of Barkhamsted. Riverton is located at the confluence of the Farmington and Still Rivers, which at one time provided the opportunity for water power . . . — Map (db m102107) HM
Delaware (New Castle County), Newark — NC-122 — St. John the Baptist Church
In 1868, the original Old Village Presbyterian Church, which stood on this location, was purchased by Charles A. Murphey. The property was donated to the Catholic Diocese of Wilmington, and the church was named St. Patrick's. It became a mission of . . . — Map (db m9779) HM
Florida (Manatee County), Bradenton — Manatee Academy
side 1 The first advanced school erected in Manatee County was built about 200 feet east of this site on land deeded 15 August 1876 expressly for education and cultural purposes by Edmund Lee and his third wife, Elizabeth, to Trustees of . . . — Map (db m72937) HM
Georgia (Chatham County), Port Wentworth — 025-78 — Indian Trading Post: Home of Mary Musgrove
During the first years after the founding of the Colony of Georgia in 1733 these lands (now owned by the Savannah Sugar Refining Company) were known as the "Grange" or "Cowpen" plantation. Along the Savannah River, about one mile East of this . . . — Map (db m12556) HM
Georgia (Harris County), Pine Mountain — Bethany Baptist Church
SIDE 1: Bethany Baptist Church was chartered on Sept. 8, 1828. The six charter members were James Garrett, Levin Collins, Uriah Jones, Lucy Garrett, Catherine Simmons and Mary Jones. The first pastor, John W. Cooper, served from 1828 to . . . — Map (db m22411) HM
Minnesota (Goodhue County), Red Wing — Kiwanis Stairway
Citizens of Red Wing have long sought convenient access to the summit of Mt. La Grange (Barn Bluff) to enjoy the impressive view of the Mississippi valley. In 1889 local civic leader C.C. Webster promoted the construction of a path up the west . . . — Map (db m24890) HM
Minnesota (Goodhue County), Red Wing — National Newspaper Association
Launched from Red Wing, the National Newspaper Association has been the voice and vehicle of grassroots American journalism for 100 years. NNA was founded as the National Editorial Assn. but was renamed in 1965. Today it embraces . . . — Map (db m46972) HM
New York (Erie County), Buffalo — The Wheeler / GLF Elevator
Image Source: Historic American Engineering Record. Jet Lowe, photographer, 1994. The Wheeler Elevator, designed by H.R. Wait, was built in 1909 by the Monarch Engineering Company. The elevator had several unique features. It was the first . . . — Map (db m85855) HM
New York (Putnam County), Patterson — District School No. 1Patterson 200 Years
District School No. 1 (Patterson School) 1857 – 1912 At the time of the Revolution, a school was located near this site on land donated by Edmond Ogden, the husband of Sybil Ludington. At that time the education of children was a . . . — Map (db m24812) HM
New York (Putnam County), Patterson — The Fellowship HallPatterson 200 Years
The Fellowship Hall (Presbyterian Church “Parish House”) 1872 Originally called “The Parish House,” the Fellowship Hall was given to the Presbyterian Church by the Paterson Family between 1868 and 1877 while . . . — Map (db m24810) HM
Ohio (Lawrence County), Ironton — 1-44 — The Hanging Rock Iron Region / The Blast Furnaces of Lawrence County
The Hanging Rock Iron Region To furnish the needs of the early settlers, then to furnish ordnance for a nation at war, and finally to furnish merchant iron to the steel mills, 100 iron producing blast furnaces were built within these 1,800 . . . — Map (db m59371) HM
Ohio (Licking County), Granville — 9-45 — The Granville Academy / The Anti-Slavery Movement
The Granville Academy The Granville Congregational Church erected this building in 1833 for its Female Academy and a church meeting room. The school prospered and, in 1837, moved to make way for the Granville Male Academy. The Welsh . . . — Map (db m12604) HM
Ohio (Miami County), Phoneton — PhonetonThe Historic National Road in Ohio — Communications Center
Originally known as “Phone Town”, this community along the National Road was once a major telecommunications center in America. In 1893, the American Telephone and Telegraph Company (AT&T) selected this site as the location for a . . . — Map (db m96437) HM
Tennessee (Shelby County), Collierville — Chalmers's Collierville Raid"... break the railroad behind him."
Early in November 1863, Union Gen. William T. Sherman was moving east to relieve the Union army at Chattanooga. Confederate Gen. Joseph E. Johnston ordered Gen. James R. Chalmers to "harass [Sherman's] rear and break the railroad behind him." . . . — Map (db m37269) HM
Texas (Bastrop County), Cedar Creek — Bluff Trail Overlook
The bluff stands 80 feet above the Colorado River at Wilbarger Bend. Josiah Wilbarger was an early settler whose family owned the land on the opposite side of the river during the 1800s. Josiah was one of a few Texans who were scalped and lived to . . . — Map (db m79096) HM
Texas (Bell County), Salado — 3614 — Norton-Orgain House
Built about 1872 by Edward R.A. Buckles, this I-plan vernacular house exhibits Classical and Victorian detailing. Its two-story gallery features Doric columns on the ground level, which contrast with the Victorian turned wood columns and balusters . . . — Map (db m29254) HM
Texas (Bell County), Salado — 15828 — Salado
Salado was officially establish in 1859 when Col. E.S.C Robertson donated land for a townsite and for a college. Col. Hermon Aiken drew a plat for the town, which developed along its main street. However, there had been activity here long before . . . — Map (db m79922) HM
Texas (Travis County), Austin — 15675 — Swante Palm(January 31, 1815 - June 22, 1899)
A native of Basthult, Barkeryd Parish, in the province of Smaland, Sweden, Swante Palm was a leader of early Swedish immigration to Texas. Influenced by his nephew, Swen Magnus Swenson, Palm came to Texas in 1844. He settled first in La Grange, . . . — Map (db m26190) HM

Florida (Hillsborough County), Tampa — Plant Field
The area encompassing The University of Tampa's baseball, track, and soccer facilities was known as Plant Field from early in the 20th century until the mid - 1970s. Plant Field, named for railroad and hotel magnate Henry B. Plant, served as . . . — Map (db m46605) HM
New York (Putnam County), Patterson — Christ ChurchPatterson 200 Years
Christ Church (Episcopal) 1763 Christ Church was organized as the “Episcopal Mission at Fredericksburgh” by three former English officers who settled in the area after the end of the French and Indian War. Although the present . . . — Map (db m24878) HM
New York (Putnam County), Patterson — The Presbyterian ChurchPatterson 200 Years
The Presbyterian Church (Of Patterson / Pawling) Present Structure, 1838 This beautiful building is the third church of the Presbyterian Congregation in Patterson. The first, often referred to as “The Old Meeting . . . — Map (db m24809) HM
Rhode Island (Kent County), Greene — Summit
The village of Summit was called Perry’s Hollow in the 18th century. Located on a ridge between the Flat River and the Moosup River Watersheds, the name “Summit” signified a high point along the adjacent railroad line. Summit . . . — Map (db m107453) HM
South Carolina (Abbeville County), Due West — Abbeville CountyRich in History and Natural Resources
Named after the city in France, Abbeville County has a rich historical and cultural heritage. The town of Abbeville, the county seat, is known for its quaint tree-lined square with bricked streets; the famous 1908 historic Opera House and its . . . — Map (db m14843) HM
Virginia (Albemarle County), Scottsville — Hatton Ferry
History of Hatton Ferry. The Hatton Ferry began operation in 1870, when Buckingham County authorities issued a court order to construct a public ferry across the James River to the Albemarle County lands of Thomas P. Gantt (ca. 1846-1896), a . . . — Map (db m99392) HM

New York (Schenectady County), Duanesburg — Duanesburg Reformed Presbyterian Church
Society of the Reformed Presbyterian Church Org. 1795 By Rev. McKinney 1st Ministers: Rev. McMaster, Wylie, & Ramsay. Present Edifice Built 1836 — Map (db m41320) HM

New York (Saratoga County), Waterford — Lock 2 Park
[Front Side- Left Panel] Welcome to Lock 2 Park You may continue across Lock 2 to stay on the Champlain Trail to access: •Garret Field •Old River Lock #4 •The Waterford Rural Cemetery •The Northside Business District . . . — Map (db m50971) HM

France, Basse-Normandie, Vierville-sur-Mer — National Guard of the United States Memorial
On three outer walls of the U-shaped monument are quotes from three major Allied leaders: We too born to freedom and believing in freedom are willing to fight to maintain freedom. We and all others who believe as deeply as we do would . . . — Map (db m88750) HM
California (Imperial County), Imperial — Imperial Valley Veterans' Memorial
This Memorial Erected in Honor of Those Who Served Their Country in Time of War By Veteran's Memorial Housing Committee - May 30, 1941 • Representing County Board of Supervisors - Hugh T. Osborne • Representing veterans of the war with . . . — Map (db m81827) WM
Wyoming (Laramie County), Cheyenne — The Trails (Part III)
The Cattle Trails The cattle drives and the trails that they followed were designed to move large numbers of Texas and Mexican cattle to Cheyenne to meet the railroad or further north into Montana for summer grazing. The trails were . . . — Map (db m95186) HM

Virginia, Petersburg — Petersburg Region
The Petersburg Area. Throughout this are you will find attractions for the entire family, from museum houses and gardens to a zoo, from fine dining to camping, from Civil War Trails and battlefields to white-water kayaking. Charles . . . — Map (db m57322) HM

California (Santa Clara County), Morgan Hill — [Morgan Hill] Centennial ProjectA History Trail — Dedicated November 10, 2006
[The Morgan Hill Centennial Project is a very unusual ‘marker’. It was created to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the incorporation of the City of Morgan Hill. One starts at the center of the marker and then proceeds along an expanding spiral . . . — Map (db m46097) HM

163 markers matched your search criteria. These linguistically-based search results have been ranked by where matching words were found. Results of different rank are separated by horizontal rules. Within the same rank, results are sorted by state or province; county, parish or shire; town; and title.
Paid Advertisement