Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

South Carolina, McCormick County Historical Society Historical Markers

 
Guillebeau Home and Family Cemetery Marker - Reverse image, Touch for more information
By Brian Scott, July 19, 2008
Guillebeau Home and Family Cemetery Marker - Reverse
South Carolina (McCormick County), Bordeaux — 33-5 — Guillebeau Home and Family Cemetery
[Front]: One half mile west is the pioneer home of Andre Guillebeau, a member of the original Huguenot group which settled New Bordeaux in 1764, having fled from the persecution in France under the leadership of the Reverend Jean Louis . . . — Map (db m9377) HM
South Carolina (McCormick County), Bordeaux — 33-12 — John De La Howe / John De La Howe School
John De La Howe Dr. John De La Howe, a French physician, came to South Carolina in 1764 and settled in the New Bordeaux community by the 1760s. His will left most of his estate, including Lethe Plantation, to the Agricultural Society of South . . . — Map (db m9406) HM
South Carolina (McCormick County), McCormick — 33-3 — Bethany Church
The first Bethany Meeting House was erected by 1809 on the old Edgefield-Abbeville Stagecoach Road midway between Hard Labor and Cuffey Town Creeks. Bethany Baptist Church was constituted in December 1809, with Amos Dubose as pastor. The present . . . — Map (db m9430) HM
South Carolina (McCormick County), Mt. Carmel — 33-10 — Calhoun Mill
Built ca. 1854 on a mill site in use since the 1770s, this large brick building on Little River was used for grinding corn, wheat, and other grains. A post office and various commercial enterprises operated near the mill during the 1800s. The . . . — Map (db m18890) HM

4 markers matched your search criteria.  
  
 
Paid Advertisement