Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

Alamo, California Historical Markers

 
Original Alamo School Bell and Marker image, Touch for more information
By Barry Swackhamer, April 15, 2016
Original Alamo School Bell and Marker
California (Contra Costa County), Alamo — Original Alamo School Bell
Used from about 1880 to 1940 in the second Alamo school building which stood at the east side of Danville Blvd. near Stone Valley Road. — Map (db m93989) HM
California (Contra Costa County), Alamo — Site of the J.M. Jones House(former Francisco Garcia Adobe)
John M. & Mary Ann Smith Jones, lived at this location from 1851 - 1866. They came out west in a prairie schooner. Here John opened the only post office between Martinez and Mission San Jose on May 18, 1852. Mary Ann was his deputy while her . . . — Map (db m93991) HM
California (Contra Costa County), Alamo — Stone Valley
Squire Silas Stone emigrated with his family from Iowa in 1853 and settled half mile east of this marker. The pioneer's home stood nearby until 1957. His son Albert eventually expanded the ranch to 800 acres and gave the family name to the present . . . — Map (db m93667) HM
California (Contra Costa County), Alamo — Whitegate Farm
Since 1856 Built by Charles and Nathaniel Howard Owner Ray L. Donahue — Map (db m93990) HM

4 markers matched your search criteria.  
  
 
Paid Advertisement We are suspending Amazon.com advertising until they remove an ad for a certain book from circulation. A word in the book’s title has given rise to number of complaints. The word is inappropriate in school classroom settings.