Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

Aliquippa, Pennsylvania Historical Markers

 
Aliquippa Works Marker image, Touch for more information
By Mike Wintermantel, October 9, 2011
Aliquippa Works Marker
Pennsylvania (Beaver County), Aliquippa — Aliquippa Works
Aliquippa Works of Jones and Laughlin Steel Corporation production commenced in 1909 at this plant once the largest integrated steel plant. Over 14000 persons were employed here. Collective bargaining under the Wagner Act began here in 1937 as a . . . — Map (db m48137) HM
Pennsylvania (Beaver County), Aliquippa — Baker Cemetery
This cemetery was established by George Baker on his land for his family and heirs. His was one of the first permanent families to settle in Beaver County. Cemetery is presently maintained by the trustees of The Blockhouse Baker Association. — Map (db m47788) HM
Pennsylvania (Beaver County), Aliquippa — First Colonial Residents
The first colonial residents of Beaver County lived nearby. Alexander McKee operated a trading post 1769 or earlier. Colonel John Gibson farmed land near his trading post in 1771 then went on to a great military and legal career. McKee became a Tory . . . — Map (db m47789) HM
Pennsylvania (Beaver County), Aliquippa — Mount Carmel Presbyterian Church
Formerly White Oak Flats. Services were held in a tent on this site as early as 1793. The present structure built in 1976 is the fourth known building used by the congregation. — Map (db m45777) HM
Pennsylvania (Beaver County), Aliquippa — National Labor Relations Board versus Jones and Laughlin Supreme Court Ruling
In a landmark ruling on April 12, 1937, the United States Supreme Court upheld the constitutionality of the National Labor Relations Act in the case of National Labor Relations Board versus Jones and Laughlin Steel Corporation The company had fired . . . — Map (db m40244) HM
Pennsylvania (Beaver County), Aliquippa — Ohio United Presbyterian Church
Founded in 1799 as the Flaugherty Run Congregation, the group met in tents or barns at various sites, in 1828 the tent was moved to the village of Scottsville. Erected in 1831 the first church was named for the Ohio River. The present church was . . . — Map (db m45776) HM
Pennsylvania (Beaver County), Aliquippa — Pittsburgh and Lake Erie Railroad Passenger Station
Pittsburgh and Lake Erie Railroad Passenger Station Woodlawn, PA This property has been placed on the National Register of Historic Places By the United States Department of the Interior — Map (db m86126) HM
Pennsylvania (Beaver County), Aliquippa — Tried Stone Baptist Church
Founded in 1910 by Rev. Onley and five members, was the first church with African American membership in the Aliquippa area. The present site was built in two phases. In 1922 Rev. Jones built the cellar. In 1945 Rev. Roberts built the church . . . — Map (db m78298) HM

8 markers matched your search criteria.
Paid Advertisement