7 entries match your criteria.
Historical Markers and War Memorials in Andrews
Andrews, South Carolina and Vicinity
▶ Georgetown County (102) ▶ Berkeley County (92) ▶ Charleston County (614) ▶ Horry County (198) ▶ Marion County (24) ▶ Williamsburg County (29)
Touch name on list to highlight map location.
Touch blue arrow, or on map, to go there.
This is the site of a "Dissenter" meeting house, built ca. 1726 by one of the first Baptist congregations in S.C. outside of Charleston. It was founded by Rev. Elisha Screven (d. 1754). The elder Screven had founded a Baptist . . . — — Map (db m54964) HM|
|To our Guardsmen and Families of the 1 BN 178 FA: In appreciation for your sacrifices, bravery and loyalty during Operation Iraqi Freedom (2004~2005) From the Citizens of Georgetown County — — Map (db m55063) WM|
On Sept. 14, 1780, Gen. Francis Marion's Patriots routed a Tory force commanded by Capt. J. Coming Ball. The Tories, attacked on one flank by Capt. Thomas Waties and on the other by Col. Peter Horry, fled into Black Mingo Swamp. The short but . . . — — Map (db m27319) HM|
One of the earliest Dissenter congregations in South Carolina north of the Santee River was located about two miles south of here. Its church building had been completed by 1727 when the Rev. Thomas Morritt, Episcopal minister . . . — — Map (db m27709) HM|
Among the first settlers of Williamsburg County, members of the Witherspoon family sailed from Belfast to Charleston in 1734, arriving about December 1. With a year's provisions, they embarked on an open-boat voyage. Traveling . . . — — Map (db m28118) HM|
This church was founded in 1867 on land donated by Moses and Matilda Watson. It was the first African American church in the Bloomingvale community and was organized by trustees Orange Bruorton, Augusta Dicker, Sr., Fred Grant, . . . — — Map (db m27930) HM|
This church, founded in 1825, is the second oldest Methodist congregation in Williamsburg County. That year Robert Sutton gave the "Methodist Society" of this community a parcel 100 yds. square. Its first church, a frame . . . — — Map (db m27323) HM|