Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

Angleton, Texas Historical Markers

 
Angleton Independent School District Marker image, Touch for more information
By Brian Anderson, January 27, 2019
Angleton Independent School District Marker
Texas (Brazoria County), Angleton — 11961 — Angleton Independent School District
On September 5, 1892, two Angleton residents donated one of the original town blocks near this site to the city for school purposes. Citizens contributed two hundred dollars for a frame building to house the first classes for Angleton students and . . . — Map (db m129301) HM
Texas (Brazoria County), Angleton — 9533 — Old Brazoria County Courthouse
Angleton's first permanent courthouse was built in 1897, a year after the city was chosen Brazoria County seat. Constructed from plans originally drawn for the Matagorda County courthouse, the structure was enlarged and extensively remodeled in . . . — Map (db m120661) HM
Texas (Brazoria County), Angleton — 13337 — Robert J. Calder
Robert James Calder was born in 1810 to James H. and Jane E. (Caldwell) Calder in Baltimore, Maryland. His father died when he was a child, and Robert and his mother moved to Kentucky, where he was raised in part by his mother's family. They moved . . . — Map (db m120660) HM

3 markers matched your search criteria.  
  
  
 
Paid Advertisement