Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Arkdale, Wisconsin Historical Markers

 
East Arkdale Cemetery Marker image, Touch for more information
By Keith L, April 19, 2008
East Arkdale Cemetery Marker
Wisconsin (Adams County), Arkdale — East Arkdale Cemetery
On July 11, 1859, Mr. Halvor Olson offered this 1/2 acre of his land to be used as a cemetery for the members of the Evangelical Lutheran Church (Hauge Synod) here in the Roche a Cree (Arkdale) settlement. People of the community outside the . . . — Map (db m7368) HM
Wisconsin (Adams County), Arkdale — Lutheran Church of the Norwegian Synod
On this site once stood a Lutheran Church of the Norwegian Synod, from the years 1887 to 1921. This church developed because of a disagreement on some doctrinal points with the United Lutheran Church which stood one half mile south of here. . . . — Map (db m4657) HM
Wisconsin (Adams County), Arkdale — 390 — Site of the First Norwegian Evangelical Lutheran Church of Roche-a-Cri
In 1850, a group of Norwegian settlers from Koshkonong, the foremost Norwegian settlement colony in the United States at the time, left their southern Wisconsin home and migrated north, settling here in "Roch-a-Cree" or Roche-a-Cri. Imbued with . . . — Map (db m36123) HM
Wisconsin (Adams County), Arkdale — West Church
In 1853, Norwegian immigrants to this area, organized the Norwegian Evangelical Church of Roche-a-Cri, in 1860. A log church was constructed one mile south of this location. It was destroyed by fire in 1866. A frame church was then erected on this . . . — Map (db m4658) HM

4 markers matched your search criteria.  
  
 
Paid Advertisement
Apr. 3, 2020