This is the site of Ammendale Normal Institute, built to house the novitiate and school of the Christian Brothers, a teaching order of the Roman Catholic Church. It is located in an area known as Ammendale, after Admiral Daniel Ammen, inventor, . . . — — Map (db m2984) HM
The American Society for Horticultural Science hereby recognizes the Beltsville Agricultural Research Center - West as an ASHS Horticultural Landmark for an outstanding history of research that has benefited the science of horticultural research in . . . — — Map (db m19183) HM
This plaque and garden commemorate the site of Brown’s Tavern, a Prince George’s County Historic Site that served travelers on the former Baltimore-Washington turnpike from the early 1830’s to the early 1990’s. It was constructed and owned by the . . . — — Map (db m2983) HM
In 1836, trustees of the Methodist Episcopal Church puchased one acre of land at this location from Evan Shaw, a Plantation Owner, at a cost of ten dollars.
Ebenezer Meeting House was built on this location and was in use until about 1861. A . . . — — Map (db m98944) HM
Site of the original Queen's Chapel Church, founded just after the Civil War by Thomas Queen and other Trustees. The church was build at the location of an early African-American burying ground, and became an important meeting place for the black . . . — — Map (db m61021) HM
An important stopping place in colonial days. Mentioned by Washington, Lafayette and other noted men after the Revolution. Count de Rochambeau's troops camped here in June 1782 on the return march from the victory at Yorktown. — — Map (db m3574) HM