Bluefield College was chartered in May 1920 as “an institution of learning for the instruction of boys and young men in the various branches of science, literature, philosophy, and the liberal and useful arts.” With strong support from . . . — — Map (db m1824) HM
The place was first known as “Pin Hook.” In 1883 the New River branch of the N. & W. Railroad was completed here and the first coal shipped from the Pocahontas mines. The town of Graham was incorporated in 1884 and named for Thomas . . . — — Map (db m105045) HM
Tazewell County Va.
Area 531 Square Miles
Formed in 1799 from Russell and Wythe, and named for Henry Tazewell, United States Senator, 1794-1799. Beautiful Burk's Garden is in this county.
West . . . — — Map (db m110080) HM