Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

Bordeaux, South Carolina Historical Markers

 
Andre Guillebeau Marker image, Touch for more information
By Brian Scott, September 20, 2008
Andre Guillebeau Marker
South Carolina (McCormick County), Bordeaux — Andre Guillebeau
American Revolution Patriot Sacred To the Memory of 1764 Huguenot Immigrant Andre Guillebeau Who Died in 1814 Age 75 Years Born near Bordeaux, France. Was one of group under the leadership of the Reverend Jean Louis Gilbert, who, . . . — Map (db m11650) HM
South Carolina (McCormick County), Bordeaux — De La Howe Hall
Lethe Agricultural Seminary, founded 1797, was moved to this site in 1918 when it became a state school with the name changed to John De La Howe. A granite building with all facilities was built in sections from 1919 through 1925. Trustees . . . — Map (db m9408) HM
South Carolina (McCormick County), Bordeaux — 33-5 — Guillebeau Home and Family Cemetery
[Front]: One half mile west is the pioneer home of Andre Guillebeau, a member of the original Huguenot group which settled New Bordeaux in 1764, having fled from the persecution in France under the leadership of the Reverend Jean Louis . . . — Map (db m9377) HM
South Carolina (McCormick County), Bordeaux — 33-12 — John De La Howe / John De La Howe School
John De La Howe Dr. John De La Howe, a French physician, came to South Carolina in 1764 and settled in the New Bordeaux community by the 1760s. His will left most of his estate, including Lethe Plantation, to the Agricultural Society of South . . . — Map (db m9406) HM
South Carolina (McCormick County), Bordeaux — John De La Howe Forest
. . . — Map (db m9409) HM
South Carolina (McCormick County), Bordeaux — John De La Howe School Still Caring...Still Dreaming
The establishment of John de la Howe School, the second oldest institution in the Carolinas, is one of the first examples of individual philanthropy that is found in the history of child-caring institution in the United States. The purpose of Dr. . . . — Map (db m20887) HM
South Carolina (McCormick County), Bordeaux — John De La Howe School Enterprise Market Program at "The Barn"
Established in 1987 through the cooperative efforts of John de la Howe School and Clemson University with support from Governor Carroll A. Campbell, Jr., and the South Carolina General Assembly to provide free enterprise experiences in a . . . — Map (db m20907) HM
South Carolina (McCormick County), Bordeaux — John De La Howe School Lethe Farm Trail
Lethe Farm was a colonial and early federal period plantation owned by Dr. John de la Howe, founder of John de la Howe School. The farm was operated from about 1770 until 1806. An archeological survey and limited test excavations were . . . — Map (db m9411) HM
South Carolina (McCormick County), Bordeaux — 33-13 — New Bordeaux (1764)
[Front]: The town of New Bordeaux, the last of seven French Huguenot colonies founded in colonial S.C. and the only one in the upcountry, was established 1 mi. E in 1764. After Protestants fleeing religious persecution in France . . . — Map (db m51286) HM
South Carolina (McCormick County), Bordeaux — New Bordeaux Worship Site
Site of the Place of Worship of the French Protestant Congregation of New Bordeaux Organized 1764 — Map (db m11641) HM

10 markers matched your search criteria.
Paid Advertisement