This lighthouse was located on the Cape Vincent Breakwater from 1900 to 1951 when it was moved to its present location and now serves as a proud landmark for this approach to the village. — — Map (db m51911) HM
"to provide an open space for the
enjoyment of residents and visitors"
Made possible by the financial support of
New York State Office of Parks, Recreation
and Historic Preservation
Northern New York Community . . . — — Map (db m75683) HM
This point of land was part of 600 acres patented to Captain John Tibbett of Troy, New York in 1799.
In 1827 three acres were deeded to the U.S. Government for a . . . — — Map (db m75691) HM
In memory of those who kept the light shining at Tibbetts Point Lighthouse, the harbor and buoy lights. Keepers and Assistants of the U.S. Lighthouse Service, and the U.S. Coast Guard.
Judah Williams • 1st Keep
Jonathan Madison • James H. . . . — — Map (db m75692) HM
• Erected in Honor •
of all those who served in
World War II from the Town
of Cape Vincent
and in memory of those who paid
the Supreme Sacrifice
1941 - 1945
Joseph L. Dennee • Karl H. Jackson
Charles L. Tebo • Charles H. . . . — — Map (db m75687) WM