Touch FIRST to browse through the results shown on this page.
Chazy, New York Historical Markers
By Ellen Adams, July 25, 2017
1805 Log Home
|Built by John B. Trombly who had a family of eleven. Oldest inhabited log home in Clinton County. — — Map (db m106114) HM|
|Muron Regt. of 1000 men camped here prior to the Sept. 11, 1814 Battle of Plattsburgh. They never reached Plattsburgh. — — Map (db m105808) HM|
|This marker is to signify that Chazy School was the first central school in the state of New York and the U.S.A. Nov. 14, 1916. — — Map (db m107203) HM|
|1763 homestead site of Jean LaFramboise first settler in Clinton County driven out by Burgoyne in 1777-Returned 1783 Estab. 1st North Country apple orchard — — Map (db m105856) HM|
|In 1811 Dr. Nathan Carver gave land for a cemetery. This is the burial place of local philanthropist William H. & Alice T. Miner. — — Map (db m106416) HM|
|Near this spot survivors of the British gunboat Simcoe buried their dead comrades left on board following the American naval victory on Plattsburgh Bay. — — Map (db m105855) HM|
|1814 British headquarters in Chazy village under Gen. Prevost with his staff of ten officers prior to the Battle of Plattsburgh — — Map (db m106113) HM|
7 markers matched your search criteria.