Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Citrus Heights, California Historical Markers

 
Sylvan School and Citrus Heights Community Club Marker image, Touch for more information
By Syd Whittle
Sylvan School and Citrus Heights Community Club Marker
California (Sacramento County), Citrus Heights — Citrus Heights Community Club Established 1928
This property was donated by Adolph and Catherine Van Maren to accommodate this one-room Sylvan School House constructed in 1862 and relocated to this site in 1927. This property was on the northeast side of the former Van Maren Ranch, which covered . . . — Map (db m46664) HM
California (Sacramento County), Citrus Heights — San Juan High School City of Citrus Heights Historic Landmark
The San Juan High School District was formed in 1913 and named after the original San Juan Spanish Land Grant. The school served all students in the northern half of Sacramento County. Its first class was held in a temporary two-story elementary . . . — Map (db m57263) HM
California (Sacramento County), Citrus Heights — Sylvan Cemetery
Land for the Sylvan Cemetery was donated to the community in 1862 by early settler Daniel Lewis. The first person to be buried in the cemetery was James Horton. Mr. Horton had reportedly come to the area to seek his fortune in gold but suffered an . . . — Map (db m46465) HM
California (Sacramento County), Citrus Heights — Sylvan School
Sylvan School, built in 1862, was one of the first rural schools in Sacramento County, but was not the first school in Citrus Heights area. The first school was a private school located on the Cross Farm. At the time it was necessary for settlers to . . . — Map (db m46565) HM
California (Sacramento County), Citrus Heights — The Rusch Home
The Rusch Home, built in 1916, is on the original site of the 480-acre Volle Ranch. Fred and Julia Volle came across the plains by covered wagon in 1853. Before settling in Citrus Heights, they owned a small place on L Street in Sacramento . . . — Map (db m46459) HM

5 markers matched your search criteria.  
 
Paid Advertisement
Apr. 4, 2020