On Clarkesville Highway (Georgia Route 115) 0.1 miles west of Cannon Bridge Road (Georgia Route 105), on the right when traveling east.
The historic Blair line between the State of Georgia and the Cherokee Nation crossed this highway at this point. This line was surveyed by James Blair in the early 1800’s. It ran from the forks of the Soque and Chattahoochee rivers in a direct . . . — — Map (db m43670) HM
On Wilson Street at East Green Street, on the right when traveling north on Wilson Street.
The first Episcopal service in Clarkesville was held Oct. 28, 1838 by the Rev. Mr. Ezra B. Kellogg, sent from N. Y. to the Diocese of Georgia as a missionary to this section. On Dec. 12, 1838, at his home, Grace Church was organized for three local . . . — — Map (db m14384) HM
On Monroe Street (Georgia Route 115) at Washington Street (Georgia Route 197), on the right when traveling west on Monroe Street.
Habersham County was created by Acts of the Legislature, Dec. 15, 1818, and named for Joseph Habersham (1751–1815), of Savannah, who had a summer home near Clarkesville. He served in the Revolution as a Lieut. Col. in the Ga. Continental line; . . . — — Map (db m40283) HM
On Georgia Route 197 0.1 miles south of Sutton Mill Road, on the right when traveling north.
Three local citizens, W. M. Loggans, B. B. Heyward and W. P. Furr, donated 300 acres of prime farm land to entice location of the Ninth District School of Agriculture and Mechanic Arts, a boarding high school, on this site. Since 1906, thousands . . . — — Map (db m14522) HM
On Hollywood Highway (Old U.S. 441) 0.1 miles north of New Liberty Road, on the left when traveling north.
This was the summer home of Joseph Habersham of Savannah (1751-1815), Georgia patriot, Revolutionary War hero, and political leader. He was a Colonel in the Continental Army, a member of Continental Congress, and of the Georgia Convention that . . . — — Map (db m43697) HM
On Hollywood Highway (Old U.S. 441) at Buckhorn Road (County Route 129), on the right when traveling north on Hollywood Highway.
The Unicoi Turnpike, first vehicular route to connect North Georgia and Tennessee with the head of navigation on the Savannah River system, passed here. Beginning on the Tugalo River to the east of Toccoa, the road led this way, thence across . . . — — Map (db m43671) HM
On Jefferson Street 0.7 miles west of Rocky Branch Road, on the left when traveling south.
On this site Colonel S. A. Wales built a house in 1833. Robert A. Toombs (1810-1885). United States Congressman, Senator, and Secretary of State, of the Confederate States, purchased it in 1879 for a summer home. General Toombs sold the property to . . . — — Map (db m27956) HM