In 1922, the Brooklyn Dodgers agreed to hold their spring training in Clearwater with the provision that the city would create an appropriate venue. The city broke ground on the Clearwater Athletic Field in December 1922 following the City Councilís . . . — — Map (db m102723) HM
On October 9, 1933 Clearwater's first government post office building was dedicated on this site with Postmaster General James A. Farley officiating. The local postmaster at the time was Charles R. Lee.
This Mediterranean-Revival style building . . . — — Map (db m44616) HM
The Class of 1992
† † † The artist created "Endangered" from "found objects" of recycled metal, mostly chrome bumpers.
† † † Students are the hope of the future, the environment and its preservation.
Paul . . . — — Map (db m4983) HM
Near this site was located the first public supported school within the present limits of the City of Clearwater. Known as the Taylor Schoolhouse, erected in 1854. The surnames of the pupils included Taylor, Turner, McMullen, Henderson, Johnson, . . . — — Map (db m67061) HM
Harbor Oaks was Clearwater's first planned residential development. Dean Alvord, a major developer in New York state, opened Harbor Oaks in 1914. Bringing modern planning concepts to the Pinellas County area, the development offered innovative . . . — — Map (db m50506) HM
Originally built circa 1925, the Magnolia Drive Dock was a Harbor Oaks landmark for many years as a neighborhood gathering spot for picnics, weddings, fishing, block parties, and relaxing evenings watching the sunsets. After standing for 68 years it . . . — — Map (db m3253) HM
In 1873, the first school under public administration in present-day Pinellas County was established in a log structure originally built for the Midway Baptist Church in the area of what is now the Clearwater Municipal Cemetery. In 1884, the school . . . — — Map (db m135325) HM
Formed in 1912, Pinellas County quickly outgrew its original courthouse and in 1916 the Board of County Commissioners voted in favor of a $160,000 bond issue to finance the construction of a new courthouse and jail. Well-known architect Francis J. . . . — — Map (db m110672) HM
The Seminole Bridge was the original link to Clearwater Beach. Completed in 1917, the wooden bridge opened up access to the beach and paved the way for its first development. The bridge terminated where the Palm Pavilion stands today. It became . . . — — Map (db m3252) HM