Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

Colma, California Historical Markers

 
Colma City Hall image, Touch for more information
By Syd Whittle, April 24, 2009
Colma City Hall
California (San Mateo County), Colma — Colma City HallErected 1936 – 1940
Architect Resing & Mc Ginnes Contractor H.H. Smith ** Incorporated as Lawndale In Aug. 1924. The Town’s name was changed to Colma in Nov. 1941 Originally the Town Hall served as a traffic court, post office, health dept. and . . . — Map (db m18401) HM
California (San Mateo County), Colma — Colma Historical MuseumCirca 1910
This building memorializes the contributions of the Abbey Land and Improvement Company to the development of Colma. The company established Mount Olivet Memorial Park, the sixth cemetery to be built in Colma, and constructed a streetcar line along . . . — Map (db m18367) HM
California (San Mateo County), Colma — Joe Cavalli – Historical Site
Historical Site 1883 – 1924 Adjacent to this site stood “Cavalli’s Blacksmith Shop” which served the truck farmers in the area. Joe Cavalli 1883 – 1946 Joe was the first and last sheriff of Lawndale (1924 . . . — Map (db m29134) HM
California (San Mateo County), Colma — Molloy’s Springs(Old Brooksville Hotel)
Built by Peter Brooks in 1883, serving the needs of tourists, local citizens, mourners, partyers, Clampers, and a host of others ever since. Dedicated January 15, 1983 by Yerba Buena No.1 – Joaquin Murrieta No.13 Sam Brannan . . . — Map (db m18405) HM
California (San Mateo County), Colma — Mount Olivet Cemetery Office and Streetcar Line
In 1896, the Abbey Land and Improvement Company established Mount Olivet Cemetery. During that year, the company also obtained a franchise from the County of San Mateo to run a street car line from the tracks of the “40 Line” to the . . . — Map (db m18345) HM
California (San Mateo County), Colma — Old Colma Railroad StationDepot Building — Circa 1863 —
In 1870, Southern Pacific Railroad assumed ownership of the San Francisco and San Jose Railroad, which had originally been opened as an independent railroad in 1863. The second stop south of San Francisco, in what then was the center of the larger . . . — Map (db m18384) HM
California (San Mateo County), Colma — Old Colma Railroad StationFreight Building — Circa 1881 —
In 1870, Southern Pacific Railroad assumed ownership of the San Francisco and San Jose Railroad, which had originally been opened as an independent railroad in 1863. The second stop south of San Francisco, in what was the center of the larger . . . — Map (db m18390) HM
California (San Mateo County), Colma — Railroad Semaphore SignalCirca 1898
This type of railroad signal was introduced, circa 1898, to control the movement of trains and to prevent accidents. The blade moved up or down corresponding with green, yellow or red lights. (Donated by Southern Pacific Transportation . . . — Map (db m18389) HM

8 markers matched your search criteria.
Paid Advertisement