Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

Columbiaville, Michigan Historical Markers

 
Columbiaville Depot and Marker image, Touch for more information
By Joel Seewald, February 23, 2017
Columbiaville Depot and Marker
Michigan (Lapeer County), Columbiaville — L750 — Columbiaville Depot
In the nineteenth century, railroads provided the prime transportation link between small villages and the rest of the country. The first Columbiaville depot was built near this site in 1872. In 1893 William Peter (1824-1899) replaced that structure . . . — Map (db m101541) HM
Michigan (Lapeer County), Columbiaville — James Richardson, D.O. a generous gentleman.
Dr. Richardson practiced Osteopathic family medicine and surgery in Lapeer and Genesee counties for 33 years. He was an ardent conservationist. He arranged for the planting of a half a million trees in this area. He was a founding member of . . . — Map (db m101545) HM
Michigan (Lapeer County), Columbiaville — L751 — The William Peter Mansion
This structure, completed in 1896, was the home of William Peter (1824-1899). Peter, a prominent Columbiaville businessman, was a rags-to-riches character. Around 1847 he came to the area from Germany via New York state, a penniless immigrant. . . . — Map (db m101547) HM
Michigan (Lapeer County), Columbiaville — L1162 — United Methodist Church
This handsome Romanesque structure was completed in 1897 for the Methodist Protestant Church of Columbiaville. Local Methodists, with the assistance of circuit riders, had organized the church some forty years earlier. In 1865 the congregation . . . — Map (db m101546) HM

4 markers matched your search criteria.  
  
 
Paid Advertisement We are suspending Amazon.com advertising until they remove an ad for a certain book from circulation. A word in the book’s title has given rise to number of complaints. The word is inappropriate in school classroom settings.