Built on this site in 1882, the Miners Inn was the first hotel in Corning. It was purchased by Gustavus Liersch in 1884 & burned to the ground 15 years later, as did the rest of Corning in the Great Fire of July 5th, 1899.
It was then rebuilt by . . . — — Map (db m41889) HM
The Hotel Maywood. Built in April 1899 by Charles F. Foster, former two term sheriff of Tehama County, and Warren Woodson. The Hotel Maywood was the best hotel in Corning, located conveniently one block from the railroad depot and across the street . . . — — Map (db m51754) HM