The 48-foot Louisiana Lugger Style Wooden Tugboat is believed to be one of the last surviving of its kind. It was built in Bayou Gauche, Louisiana in 1953 by Joseph "Yep" Dufrene for Victor Matherne. In service: 1953-1980 Donated to St. Charles . . . — — Map (db m100387) HM
Constructed 1787-1790 for Robert de Logny, Inherited by Jean Noel d’Estrehan 1800. Bought from heirs of Pierre A. Rost in 1914 by Mexican Petroleum Co. Donated 1972 to River Road Historical Society by American Oil Co. — — Map (db m51607) HM
Marker 1 On October 20, 1976, the worst ferry disaster in the history of the United States occurred on the Mississippi River in St. Charles Parish. Seventy-seven lives were lost. The people of Louisiana will never forget you. . . . — — Map (db m109564) HM
Originally erected in 1830 at Glendale Plantation, Lucy, Louisiana. Donated by the Lanaux family, moved and reassembled at Destrehan Plantation in 1997.
Dedicated by the River Road Historical Society March 28, 1999. — — Map (db m51606) HM