Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

East Rochester, New York Historical Markers

 
Concrest Marker in situ image, Touch for more information
By Yugoboy, December 24, 2012
Concrest Marker in situ
New York (Monroe County), East Rochester — Concrest
This neighborhood of poured concrete houses was developed by Kate Gleason in the 1920s. These European-like structures were built to last 100 years. — Map (db m65111) HM
New York (Monroe County), East Rochester — Dedicated by the Citizens
Dedicated by the Citizens of East Rochester in Honor of Those Who Served in the World War 1917-1918 — Map (db m101162) WM
New York (Monroe County), East Rochester — Eddie James "Son" House Jr.
Eddie James "Son" House Jr., father of the delta blues, worked at the E.R. railroad carshops on this location from 1944-1946. East Rochester local history — Map (db m101127) HM
New York (Monroe County), East Rochester — Edmund Lyon Park
Opened in 1916 on land donated by Kate Gleason. Named after local financier Edmund Lyon. Original bandstand built in 1916, replaced in 1988. — Map (db m56270) HM
New York (Monroe County), East Rochester — ER Veteran's Memorial
ER Veteran's Memorial Station of Heroes with profound respect from a grateful community to our brave veterans who served our nation in war. Maintained by ER American Legion Post ER Veterans of Foreign Wars People of ER Special . . . — Map (db m101185) WM
New York (Monroe County), East Rochester — Eyer Block
Construction began in 1899 It was built in three sections by Harry Eyer, a local real estate developer Destroyed by fire in 1914, it was rebuilt on its present site. E.R. local history — Map (db m101131) HM
New York (Monroe County), East Rochester — First Village Schools
First Village Schools SIte of the 1898 red brick school and 1911 high school. Both were replaced in 1936 with the T L R Morgan building. Present school district is located on Woodbine Ave. — Map (db m115346) HM
New York (Monroe County), East Rochester — Fryatt House
Fryatt House Built in 1917. Home to B.J. and Retta Fryatt. Pioneer village residents and first business owners. Donated to village in 1955 for library. E.R. local history — Map (db m101132) HM
New York (Monroe County), East Rochester — Lincoln House
Lincoln House Built in 1841 home of Andrew Lincoln owner of Lincoln Flour Mill. Nearby Spring Lake Park named after his mill pond. — Map (db m115347) HM
New York (Monroe County), East Rochester — Lincoln Mills
It was one of 25 mills located on Irondequoit Creek in the 1800s. Built by Andrew Lincoln in 1847. Flour was shipped to Albany and New York by the Erie Canal. Fire destroyed the mill in the 1920s. — Map (db m64557) HM
New York (Monroe County), East Rochester — Municipal Water System
Established in 1935 on this site, wells using the pre-glacial channel of the old Genesee River provided the Village of East Rochester with water until 1992. — Map (db m56266) HM
New York (Monroe County), East Rochester — Nick Verzella
This bandstand is dedicated to Nick Verzella for his many years of educational services to the sons and daughters of East Rochester. He also served our country during World War II and continues to play an active role in Memorial Day and Veterans Day . . . — Map (db m101161) WM
New York (Monroe County), East Rochester — Ontario Drill Works
Ontario Drill Works Grain drill manufacturer considered the "Cadillac" of grain drills Ontario St. named after them Located here 1900-1961 East Rochester local history — Map (db m101130) HM
New York (Monroe County), East Rochester — Penfield Station
Penfield Station Built in 1884, it served as the main freight/passenger terminal for the New York Central Railroad until 1900. It continued as a freight house until the 1960s when it became a local commercial establishment. East Rochester . . . — Map (db m101128) HM
New York (Monroe County), East Rochester — Perinton Hotel
Site of one of the first buildings in town. 1898 R.R. station was directly across the street. Station torn down in 1950 — Map (db m70707) HM
New York (Monroe County), East Rochester — Power House
Power House Built in 1905 to provide power for the new Rochester-Syracuse and Eastern trolley line. Closed in 1931 after end of trolley service. — Map (db m135684) HM
New York (Monroe County), East Rochester — Rialto Theater
Rialto Theater Built in 1919 by Harold Dygert. Renamed the Capri in 1961. Converted to apartments in 1966. Questa candy store was adjacent to the theater. E.R. local history — Map (db m101134) HM
New York (Monroe County), East Rochester — School District No. 9
School District No. 9 formed 1822 in towns Perinton & Pittsford First school built 1835 Later brick and stone school was used 1856 - 1898 — Map (db m101129) HM
New York (Monroe County), East Rochester — Site of Tunnel
Site of tunnel which took workers under the RR tracks to the car shops. Established in 1897 the Merchant Despatch Transportation Co. was largely responsible for the early growth of the village. — Map (db m70706) HM
New York (Monroe County), East Rochester — The Piano Works
Opened in 1905, these buildings housed the largest piano manufacturing facility in the world. This poured concrete structure, unique to the area, produced high-quality pianos until 1985. — Map (db m65110) HM
New York (Monroe County), East Rochester — Water Tower
Erected in 1935 replacing a smaller tank on Lincoln Road and Filbert Place. It provided was to village for many years, ending in 1992. — Map (db m70708) HM
New York (Monroe County), East Rochester — Worthing Homestead
Built in 1859 the land was a working farm into the 1940s. By 1952 the land was sold for a housing development. At that time Worthing Terrace and a portion of Eaglehead Road were constructed. — Map (db m64560) HM

22 markers matched your search criteria.
Paid Advertisement