Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

Edinburg, New York Historical Markers

 
Barker's Store Marker image, Touch for more information
By Howard C. Ohlhous, June 30, 2008
Barker's Store Marker
New York (Saratoga County), Edinburg — Barker's Store
Built in 1847 by John Barker. Operated Continuously As A Store Until 1945. Believed To Have Been A Stop On The Underground Railroad. — Map (db m57384) HM
New York (Saratoga County), Edinburg — Batchellerville
On this site was located the historic village of Batchellerville inundated in 1930 by the Sacandaga reservoir. — Map (db m67783) HM
New York (Saratoga County), Edinburg — 389 — Batchellerville Presbyterian Church American Presbyterian and Reformed Historical Site
Erected 1867, Moved To Present Site 1930 To Escape Rising Waters Of Sacandaga Reservoir. — Map (db m122295) HM
New York (Saratoga County), Edinburg — Beecher Hollow
Historic hamlet settled in 1790's along the banks of Beecher Creek — Map (db m136286) HM
New York (Saratoga County), Edinburg — Building the Batchellerville Bridge 1929 - 1930
Contract 14 Contract 14 provided for the construction of a cantilever type steel bridge over the Sacandaga Reservoir at Batchellerville, N.Y., consisting of nineteen spans of 150 feet and two of 112 1/2 feet, including the construction of . . . — Map (db m129394) HM
New York (Saratoga County), Edinburg — Carriage Shop
Erected Prior to 1828, Arad & Leonard Copeland operated the water - powered shop. In 1884 converted to machine shop by John W. Latcher. — Map (db m20857) HM
New York (Saratoga County), Edinburg — Covered Bridge
Built by Arad Copeland below Beecher Falls in 1879. Only NYS Queenpost Truss Bridge. Placed on NYS and National Register in 1998 — Map (db m35154) HM
New York (Saratoga County), Edinburg — Early Settler
Soldier - Patriot and One of the Last Revolutionary War Pensioners in the U.S. Samuel Downing 1761 - 1867 Grave Site Stone Arabia and Saratoga SARMap (db m129395) HM
New York (Saratoga County), Edinburg — Old Country Store
Built 1875 on west side Main St. opp. Fox Hill Rd. by Faulkner Noyes and Charles Wait. At times a post office. Moved to its present site c. 1929. — Map (db m68324) HM
New York (Saratoga County), Edinburg — Rural Museum
Town of Edinburg acquired-1930. Used as highway barn until 1974 Converted to rural museum-1991. Operated by Historical Society. Time capsule buried-2001. — Map (db m136296) HM
New York (Saratoga County), Edinburg — Tennantville
Site of Woodenware Community Founded by Tennant Family-1823 W/3 Story Mill, Store; School. Mfg. Clothespins, Bowls; Lath. Last Mill Burned 1915. — Map (db m88357) HM
New York (Saratoga County), Edinburg — Town Meeting
First town meeting held on this site March 13, 1801 at the home of James Goodwin. Town named Northfield; changed to Edinburgh in 1808. — Map (db m136291) HM

12 markers matched your search criteria.
Paid Advertisement