Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

Fairfax, South Carolina Historical Markers

 
Allendale County War Memorial Marker at City Hall image, Touch for more information
By Mike Stroud, January 25, 2009
Allendale County War Memorial Marker at City Hall
South Carolina (Allendale County), Fairfax — Allendale County War Memorial
In Memory Of War Dead Of Allendale County Dedicated June 1954 to the memory of brave men, who died that their country might live — Map (db m16900) HM
South Carolina (Allendale County), Fairfax — 3-4 — Bethlehem Church
This Baptist Church, organized by 1854, built its first house of worship near here on land purchased in 1859 from A.R. Stokes. The congregation obtained the land for its present location in 1910 from G.D. Sanders and completed by 1914. In 1944 the . . . — Map (db m9960) HM
South Carolina (Allendale County), Fairfax — 3-11 — Fairfax
[front text] Fairfax, chartered in 1893 and incorporated in 1896, grew out of an early community centered around Owens' Crossroads, where a store was established in 1814, and later including Bethlehem Baptist Church ( now First . . . — Map (db m7082) HM
South Carolina (Allendale County), Fairfax — 3-8 — Harmony Baptist Church
This church had its origins in a brush arbor as early as 1830 but was formally organized in 1878 with Rev. H. C. Smart as its first pastor and W. H. Cone and R. H. Mixon as its first deacons. Named Harmony Baptist Church by charter member Sarah . . . — Map (db m25859) HM

4 markers matched your search criteria.  
  
 
Paid Advertisement