On Central Street (Massachusetts Route 140), on the left when traveling north.
In 1783, Nehemiah Carpenter, Samuel Baker and Jeremiah Hartshorn conveyed to the selectmen and their successors in office forever four acres of land on which the meeting house had been built for use as a town common. Mr. Carpenter also gave one . . . — — Map (db m55878) HM
On Baker Street at Bird St., on the right when traveling north on Baker Street.
The homes on Baker Street represent people and diverse architecture from two significant periods of Foxborough history, the 19th century straw hat era and the 20th century transition to industrial manufacturing. — — Map (db m55872) HM
On Cross Street, on the right when traveling east.
Not all patients of the Massachusetts Hospital for Dipsomaniacs and Inebriates or its successor, the Foxboro State Hospital, had known family contacts or families able to provide for their burial. To insure a proper final resting place, the . . . — — Map (db m55873) HM
On Lakeview Road, on the right when traveling south.
Hervey Pettee built a thread mill at this site in 1813. A spring freshet in 1831 washed out the dam and ruined the factory. A stone structure soon replaced it. Charles Freeman & Son later operated a wool scouring mill. The flood of Feb. 2, 1886 tore . . . — — Map (db m55874) HM
On North Street, on the left when traveling north.
Populated by members of the Morse family since the early 1700's, this section of Foxborough was known as Morseville. By 1737, Jedediah Morse had dammed the Neponset River forming Crack Rock Pond and built both a saw mill and a bloomery forge near . . . — — Map (db m55879) HM
On Spring Street, on the left when traveling west.
Originally settled as Paineburgh, taking its name from the many members of the Paine family who settled here, this section of Foxborough had a strong sense of community with its own elementary school, chapel, railroad station and Post Office. . . . — — Map (db m55870) HM
On South St at Paula Lane, on the left when traveling north on South St.
To help support its public school,Dorchester set aside a 650 acre farm in this vicinity which it leased in 1710 to Robert Calef for a total of 308 years. Solomon Hews was operating a tavern here in 1728 when governor William Burnet and the . . . — — Map (db m55885) HM
On Foxborough Blvd, on the right when traveling north.
Is built upon portions of the estate of Ebenezer Warren, who answered the call in the battle Lexington April 19, 1775. He served in the American revolution with two brothers, general Joseph Warren, later killed at the battle of Bunker Hill, and . . . — — Map (db m55871) HM
The Reservoir on Powder House Hill The circular granite structure to the rear of the town hall lot is the reservoir erected by Union Straw Works in 1858. A windmill provided power to draw water up from the reservoir which was then gravity fed . . . — — Map (db m55875) HM
Near South Street, on the right when traveling south.
Here in unmarked graves lie the poor, the destitute, the strangers known only to God. Struck down by death in our midst, they were afforded the decency of a proper burial by a caring community. Some were residents of the town's poor farm. Others . . . — — Map (db m38449) HM
Union Straw Works Members of the Carpenter family became engaged in various straw manufacturing operations. In 1843 they built the Great Bonnet Shop at 18-22 Wall Street and in 1845 the Hamlet House at 12-16 Wall St. Erastus P. Carpenter then . . . — — Map (db m55881) HM