Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Franklin, Michigan Historical Markers

 
Franklin Cemetery Marker image, Touch for more information
By Joel Seewald, October 15, 2016
Franklin Cemetery Marker
Michigan (Oakland County), Franklin — L2063 — Franklin Cemetery
Side 1 In 1827 Elijah Bullock, one of the founders of the Stoughton Bullock Settlement (renamed Franklin in 1828), set aside land for a burial ground. This parcel, known as "the Old Plat," is in the southeast corner of the cemetery. The . . . — Map (db m98761) HM
Michigan (Oakland County), Franklin — Franklin Community Church
"United Methodist in Affiliation Ecumenical in spirit" The first Franklin village church was organized in 1840 by Reverend Laban Smith. A building was constructed on German Mill Street and dedicated in 1863. This santuary was dedicated . . . — Map (db m98770) HM
Michigan (Oakland County), Franklin — L11 — Franklin Village
Founded in 1824-25, Franklin received its present name in 1828. First postmaster was Dr. Ebenezer Raynale, state legislator and physician. The William Huston store, opened in 1830, was the forerunner of a business center that later included the . . . — Map (db m98766) HM
Michigan (Oakland County), Franklin — L584 — Franklin Village School
Michigan's Territorial Council passed a law in 1827 requiring every township with fifty or more inhabitants to establish a school. Thus, the following year, the first school in Southfield Township was erected in Franklin Village. Sophie Gotie taught . . . — Map (db m98767) HM
Michigan (Oakland County), Franklin — Kreger Farm Buildings Circa 1850
The Kregers were descendents of early Franklin settlers who lived on this farm when it was located on Scenic Drive. The buildings were relocated here on December 18, 2008 and restored through the efforts of Franklin Villagers. — Map (db m98771) HM
Michigan (Oakland County), Franklin — Robert E. Cornillie's Vision
In 1962, Robert E. Cornillie had a vision to transform this 6 acres into what is now known as the Franklin Community Association Grounds. Through his hard work and dedication to the Village this park was created to be enjoyed by Village residents . . . — Map (db m98773) HM

6 markers matched your search criteria.
Paid Advertisement