Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Glen Gardner, New Jersey Historical Markers

 
Bog Meadows image, Touch for more information
By Alan Edelson, November 8, 2013
Bog Meadows
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Glen Gardner — Bog Meadows
One of the last remaining "Quaking Bogs" in New Jersey. Put under Bethlehem Twp. protection in 1977. — Map (db m16640) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Glen Gardner — Forge Masters Dwelling
Only remaining building at Union Forge. Before 1720. Union Township Historic Site. — Map (db m18699) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Glen Gardner — Fountain Grove Cemetery
Organized in 1865 by the two leading families of Glen Gardner - the Gardners and the Hunts. Land donated by Dr. A. A. Hunt. — Map (db m16666) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Glen Gardner — Glen Gardner
Originally known as Eveland's Tavern, the community of Glen Gardner was established in the early to mid 1700's. Early settlement relied heavily upon Spruce Run to power mills and the surrounding mountainside to mine ore. The addition of the Central . . . — Map (db m16667) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Glen Gardner — Glen Gardner ó (Incorp. 1919)
Named In 1871 For Chair Factory Family Evelandís Tavern In 1760, It Was Later Known As Sodom, And In 1820, Clarksville, After A Local Merchant. — Map (db m17409) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Glen Gardner — Hunt Houses
Hunt Family Was Major Benefactor To Glen Gardner. House Owned By Dr. A. A. Hunt In Late 1700's. House Across Street Built By His Son, Dr. T. E. Hunt, In 1853. — Map (db m17410) HM

6 markers matched your search criteria.
Paid Advertisement