Touch FIRST to browse through the results shown on this page.
Granville, New York Historical Markers
By Steve Stoessel, March 30, 2019
Bishops Corners Marker
The Village of Granville, incorporated in 1885, traces its roots to "Bishops Corners”,
a pioneer settlement begun here in 1780 by John Champion Bishop, his wife Abigail Reynolds, and their children. The Bishops purchased 2,000 acres within . . . — — Map (db m131723) HM
The first congregational church in the Town of Granville — — Map (db m131725) HM
Erected 1806 beside church site
of log school. House of Friends later a district school. — — Map (db m131742) HM
Dedicated to all those
who served their country
honorably in time of need
est 1964 — — Map (db m131707) WM
Settled in the 1780’s. Incorporated 1885. A center for agriculture
and slate operations with a
diversity of ethnic cultures — — Map (db m131704) HM 5 markers matched your search criteria.
We are suspending Amazon.com advertising until they remove an ad for a certain book from circulation. A word in the book’s title has given rise to number of complaints. The word is inappropriate in school classroom settings.