Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

Greenville, Delaware Historical Markers

 
Camp Brandywine Marker image, Touch for more information
By Stephen J Duncan, August 4, 2011
Camp Brandywine Marker
Delaware (New Castle County), Greenville — NC-78 — Camp Brandywine
In the Civil War the first camp of this name was at Wilmington Fair Grounds for the First and Second Delaware Regiments. The same name was given this site in September 1862 for a camp of Pennsylvania troops sent to guard powder mills. They were . . . — Map (db m45573) HM
Delaware (New Castle County), Greenville — Pierre Samuel DuPont de Nemours Memorial
Sacred to the memory of Pierre Samuel DuPont de Nemours Knight of the Order of Vasa, of the Legion of Honor and of the Order of Du Lis, Counselor of State, Member of the First Constituent Assembly, President of the Council of Ancients and member of . . . — Map (db m128801) HM
Delaware (New Castle County), Greenville — NCC-222 — Saint Joseph on the Brandywine Church
As early as 1813, Mass was celebrated in private homes throughout the area. St. Joseph Church was built in 1841 by a diverse community of Roman Catholic immigrants to meet the needs of the growing Catholic population. The nearby DuPont powder . . . — Map (db m128683) HM

3 markers matched your search criteria.  
  
  
 
Paid Advertisement