Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Hamden, New Jersey Historical Markers

 
Colonel Charles Stewart House image, Touch for more information
By Alan Edelson, December 1, 2008
Colonel Charles Stewart House
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Hamden — Colonel Charles Stewart House
Colonel Charles Stewart was George Washington's Commissary-General of Issues. The house was built in 1763. — Map (db m16586) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Hamden — General Stewart Mansion
The original 1763 home was here. Commissary-General Charles Stewart feted officers of the Continental Army. House replaced c. 1800 by the imposing stone residence across the road. — Map (db m71560) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Hamden — Lehigh Valley Railroad Three Story Station House
Located just south, serviced short shuttle runs north into Clinton and south into Pittstown. Building dismantled before WWII. — Map (db m16674) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Hamden — Smokehouse
c. 1789 Use to cure meat and fish — Map (db m16587) HM
New Jersey (Hunterdon County), Hamden — The Village of Hamden, New Jersey circa 1750
In 1759 Phillip and John Grandin acquired 1,000 acres known as the Hamden Tract. Hamden was home to the Grandin Grist & Fulling-Mills, a Blacksmith Shop, and Abbott's Tavern. Dr. John Grandin's house was built in 1775 with pitch pine lumber that . . . — Map (db m132105) HM

5 markers matched your search criteria.  
 
Paid Advertisement