Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

Haverhill, New Hampshire Historical Markers

 
Ebenezer MacKintosh Marker image, Touch for more information
By Don Morfe, May 24, 2013
Ebenezer MacKintosh Marker
New Hampshire (Grafton County), Haverhill — 104 — Ebenezer MacKintosh1737-1816
Born in Boston and a veteran of the 1758 Battle of Ticonderoga. As a known participant in the Boston Tea Party, for his own and his children’s safety, he walked to North Haverhill in early 1774. He later served in the Northern Army under Gen. Gates . . . — Map (db m77798) HM
New Hampshire (Grafton County), Haverhill — 160 — Haverhill Corner Historic DistrictNational Register of Historic Places, 1987 Town of Haverhill granted, 1763
"The Corner" was part of a mile-wide strip of land claimed by both Haverhill and Piermont, and finally divided between them. Haverhill Corner's architecture reflects its history as Grafton County seat (1793–1891), home of Haverhill Academy . . . — Map (db m88003) HM
New Hampshire (Grafton County), Haverhill — 190 — Haverhill-Bath Bridge
Constructed in 1829 by the towns of Bath and Haverhill at a cost of about $2,400, this is one of the oldest covered bridges in the United States. Built with 3-by-10-inch planks that were probably sawn at an adjacent mill, the span is the earliest . . . — Map (db m77800) HM
New Hampshire (Grafton County), Haverhill — 056 — Rogers Rangers
The rivers’ junction two miles north was rendezvous for Rogers Rangers after their destruction of St. Francis, Que., Oct. 4, 1759. Pursuing Indians and starvation had plagued their retreat and more tragedy awaited here. The expected rescue party . . . — Map (db m77799) HM WM
New Hampshire (Grafton County), Haverhill — 136 — The Bedell Bridge
The last of five 19th century bridges which have existed at this location was erected in 1866 by a local entrepreneur, Moody Bedell, who had operated a ferry service here prior to the first bridge in 1805. The 396-foot structure was the largest . . . — Map (db m87999) HM

5 markers matched your search criteria.  
 
Paid Advertisement